Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanx for posting this thread. ive put in about 8 hours searching these threads looking for advice on my 84 swap. i want to put a twin turbo in it. clearly, after reading your post i do not have the cash flow for it. i have all the tools in the world and a shop. not the funds right now though

·
Registered
367 Posts
one thing i'm having trouble finding is the ideal turbo(s) to use with the 2jz. is a ct-26 an option?

·
Registered
367 Posts
im gonna do a single setup and im just looking for 4 or 500 hp, is a ct-26 even possible?

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
why would you build a custom manifold to use a ct26 when there are SOOOOOOOOO many turbos out there that spool just as fast and make ALOT more power? look on supraforums at the dyno section. lots of turbos will do what you want, but id look at a borg warner s300 series turbo. full race has alot of the different ones on their site. hell, the gt45 ebay turbo will make the power your looking for and is ~$250 shipped. less if you find the right seller with a sale going.

http://www.full-race.com/store/turbos/

·
Registered
367 Posts
damn i jumped the gun on getting a ct26 in a trade thinking i could use it. i guess ill have one FS in the near future. thanks for pointing me in the right direction. i'm new to building turbo motors

·
Super Moderator
8,139 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
why would there be a suggestion to run dual fuel pumps for anything over stock boost? thats ridiculous.
the bosch 044 and even the shitty walboro 255 are more than capable of over 400whp. dual pumps dont even get considered until going above 600

·
Whistles
1,047 Posts
Older thread with older tech that was good for the times. The newer 320lph in tank pumps flow 1000hp worth of fuel*

·
Whistles
1,047 Posts
Depends on the design. The RPS style manifold design like the SPF1 likes to creep at high RPM.

Especially at higher boost.

I'm running two 44s, myself.

·
Whistles
1,047 Posts
41 - 57 of 57 Posts