Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw one of thoses Rav 4s..sportage....or some kind of SUV...the one with the first aid kit in the trunk door......anyway I started thinking about the MKII interior.....What was the plastic compartment on the right hand side of the trunk, you really can't put much in there, so mabey it was specialized for something which car with the car when it was new??????????

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
As far as I know it was only for storage. I use it to hold the 6 disc changer totally out of site! :wink:

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good idea

Good Idea, thats a great place to put a disk changer.

·
Registered
790 Posts
First-aid crash kit (gotta be prepared) and some extra oil. Personally, I love those spots in the back; they are great for us Oregonians when driving back form certain spots in Washington around the 4th of July :wink:

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
those are all great ideas.

speaking of the rear passenger mystery door, i recently found that ultra cool windshield washer fluid bladder.. that's sweet!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
First-aid crash kit (gotta be prepared) and some extra oil. Personally, I love those spots in the back; they are great for us Oregonians when driving back form certain spots in Washington around the 4th of July
The space under the rear arm rests also makes a good spot for storing "things" :D

Christian

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
ive got an alpine amp waiting to go into that rear storage space... i just hope i dont have to hack my panel to mount it, but then again, ive got another parts car with a pristine black interior on the way... :)

a few other ideas for that space are first aid kit, couple bottles of water (always good to carry something, just in case), a pocket knife, and maybe a portable radio/frs radio/pay per minute cellphone.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
dogstar said:
i just hope i dont have to hack my panel to mount it, .
My amp was thin but I still had to remove the fins from the inside of the cover to clear the amp.. The outside looks fine and it is still strong.

-Wil

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
if anything, ill take the back out of the panel and rebuild it with fiberglass, and i might smooth the back of the door too.

the fiberglassing, im kinda looking forward to, i need practice, and something like that is pretty easy to do, so its a good way to learn.

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
the best place in a mk2 for an amp is right next to the spare tire around the gas tank access panel. Just be sure to trim the insulation on the cover there away from around the amp, and maybe run a little fan to keep air on the amp. On my last amp that I had there it eventually overheated and fried something, my other one was fine there though. Some are better with heat then others but just removing the insulation would help a lot.

Those rear passenger seat arm rest covers rock! If I ever have to leave something important in the car thats where they go. But that doesn't happen often.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I currently have my amps lined up accross the backseat. Two on each seat back (small 80 watt 2 channel) Looks cool 8)

-Wil

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Storage space on the right: Have my jumper cables sitting in there. Occasionally a tight fit, have to close the cover "just right".

Amps: Have 2 12 year old Alpine amps next to the spare tire. Both run pretty cool & I didn't need to purchase fans for them at the time. Both are still working w/ no problems. Compared to the Sony's, Kenwood's, Soundstream's & Rockford Fosgate amps that I looked at 12 years ago, the Alpine's were the ones that ran the coolest. Don't know about the current products that are available now.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm confused - I thought that only Aussie Supras & Celis had the rear-armrest storage compartments, 'cos we have proper rear seat belts like in the front in the back, wheras US-spec cars have lap belts and the retractor emchanism sits where the storage compartment would be.

Can somone clear this up for me?

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
iirc, they arent proper storage compartments, but people pry up the arm rests and put things they dont want seen in there.

·
Registered
118 Posts
mmmmmmm ccan we say illigal fireworks

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had my Sony amp right next to the spare tire and it didn't seem to mind the heat. However now I'm paranoid about getting things stolen (I've had my car broken into twice already this year, and once last year!) so I'm thinking that I will be installing my amp behind the side panels that are above the rear-seat arm rest - basically right below the rear quarter window. This would fit best on the passenger side as there are some relays on the driver side taking up space. However, there's plenty of room there, and even if your lower quarters are rusted through not much water willl splash that high up - so it should be safe. There's also tons of air in that compartment so heat shouldn't be a problem. Plus, it's totally hidden and would take a thief a lot of time and effort just to find that amp as you'd need to remove a lot of panelling to get to it. The only shitty thing is if you want to reconnect things or tweak the crossovers you'll need to remove all those panels, but I don't see that as a major issue.

As for the rear storage compartment, well, I usually keep a blanket and some towels or a chamois. Another good place to hide things is in that little compartment even some Supra owners don't know exists - the rear window washer fluid resevoir compartment. It's just big enough to store a face plate or a house key or something valuable.

- Mike

1 - 20 of 21 Posts