Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so would it seem feasible that after parking on a steep hill oil could possibly leak ?

cause i noticed the other day while i was on level ground that i was losing oil, so i check my stick and it was low 1 1/2 quarts.

since then i have cleaned up most off all the excess oil and grim underneath my engine and chassis. i have not noticed any more oil leaking and my oil level is remaining the same.

after me and my dad thought about it he figured it could have been collecting in the plastic under body cover and dripped out while i was working (where i discovered the oil).

i have been parking on flat ground since.

was thinking its the the rear main...but since its not leaking any more don't think it is ..

any two cents you guys and gals could add would be great..

82-p type 5mge

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
add dye to the oil, an use a uv lamp, im pretty sure u will see your leak. maybe the seals behind cam housing, or the hose from the valve cover to the block.

my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks ill consider getting the dye, but like i said its not leaking any more, been looking after it for two days now.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so its leaking again i can see clearly that its coming leaking from the rear of my block..so iam gunna say rear main seal went on me...

looks like its getting a complete gasket make over

1 - 4 of 4 Posts