Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the prognosis may not be good for my Cecila. :( The 85 Celica GTS has been leaking oil from somewhere at the front of the engine for the last few weeks. After working on it the last few nights and attempting to track the source of the leak it looks like the infamous 22RE may have a cracked head (but still has good oil pressure).

After 301,000 miles it's not too shocking but still heartbreaking.

The body is rough, ony a few parts are free of rust; front fenders and gas door. Besides the interior (brown cloth) which is still in great condition for the most part, what else should be saved/stripped when and if the time comes for us to part ways? Most likely I'll be buying another GTS for daily driving and am curious as to what items should be kept that may be difficult to locate if needed in the future.

Keeping:
Interior, all accessory motors (window, wipers, etc), door windows, accessories (spare tire, jack/tools), ignitor.

What else?

I'm still holding out hope.
Scott

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Huh??? cracked head, oil at front of engine...... This does not make sense tell me more about what you have found. Theres stuff up there that can leak but I dont see the head as a possibility. Anyway even if it is you can buy a fully rebuilt head for ~250$ no sense in scrapping the car.

·
Registered
351 Posts
could be cracked timing cover, it happened to me on my '82 22R in my truck.....good luck.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
It could also be the front main seal on the oil pump. when they leak, it throws oil everywhere. Easy fix.

Joe B.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts