Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guy's know where I can find the upper strut mounts other than from a Toyota dealer?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
www.rockauto.com is the cheapest I have been able to find them so far at $42 each. No matter where you buy them they all seem to be made by Monroe, except the dealer of course, but the prices on the Monroes vary depending on where you shop.

·
Super Moderator
8,393 Posts
I know you can get them from Jeff for $59. Stupid local dealerships wanted almost $100 for them.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks for the info guys good looking out.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I would like to replace mine but upgrade to something nicer than stock like camber plates. Does Cosco still make them for the MKII? Don L, what are you using?

Hopefully something is available within reason or I'll have to go with the stock rubber ones.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
i was looking on rockauto's web site and had a question.
Whats different about a bearing plate and a strut mount kit?

·
3,283 Posts
it appears that the strut bearing plate is the right part.

Monroe p/n# 902912 $46.79 <--- is this right Wes?

All the others were over $50

Mike

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
MWebber said:
it appears that the strut bearing plate is the right part.

Monroe p/n# 902912 $46.79 <--- is this right Wes?

All the others were over $50

Mike
That sure sounds like it :)

·
Founding Member
6,423 Posts
Just a word of warning, the $36 ones from Dorman at rockauto work fine, but they will raise the front by about 3/8 inch. Don't know about the other brands.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Fellows,

Just In case you guys would ever come across someone interested in a set of slightly used OEM Toyota units, I have a set with about 100 miles on them. Shortly after purchasing the Toyota units I decided to go with the Cusco adjustables. I think I paid nearly $100 each - would sell the pair for $30 + shipping. If they sit and collect dust much longer they may find their way in the duster along with a lot of other parts...

Regards,

Carlos

·
3,283 Posts
Carlos Brown said:
Fellows,

Just In case you guys would ever come across someone interested in a set of slightly used OEM Toyota units, I have a set with about 100 miles on them. Shortly after purchasing the Toyota units I decided to go with the Cusco adjustables. I think I paid nearly $100 each - would sell the pair for $30 + shipping. If they sit and collect dust much longer they may find their way in the duster along with a lot of other parts...

Regards,

Carlos
if by units you mean the strut tops that bolt onto the strut shaft and also the strut tower, I know the man that wants to talk to you!

I'll PM him and have him in touch ASAP.

Mike

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Carlos Brown said:
Fellows,

Regards,

Carlos
Is that so......I'm in!!

PM Sent.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Gentlemen,

Just an update! I will be dealing the parts to my first contact which happens to be Walkerhiboost. I will inform the necessary persons should we have problems!

Regards,

Carlos

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Well the 46.00 dollar ones from rockauto are correct.
I placed the order on the net at 3:00 on thursday paying the cheapest ground shipping I could......and they came in at 2:30 on Friday. Can't beat that.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
This may be obvious to some, but for $46 do you get a set or do you have to get two of them?

Eric

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
$46 each....now that I have them....I'm thinking I could have spent the money elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old topic, but how do you know if the mounting brackets are for both sides? If you order two mounts does one come for both sides? Assume I know noting, and am drunk while posting...

Eric

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
$46 each....now that I have them....I'm thinking I could have spent the money elsewhere.
08-14-2005 02:32 AM

I'll buy yours for what they cost plus shipping to me.

Eric

·
Registered
578 Posts
I am looking into the KYB SM5374, I have tried the rockauto and now the duralast autozone and both raise the car by almost 1/2 inch looks weird. You can look at these and tell the bottom is just too much material and raises the thickness. Do s anyone know the height of these KYB mounts?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts