Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where i can get a LJM Front strut bar? maybe even two

ill soon be looking into getting some sway bars, any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
8,222 Posts
If Leslie doesn't have anymore, I have one extra one I'd let go. Its one of the originals that had the adjustment point on the passenger side, so you might have to make a small clearance notch on the intake plenum (easy). I'd probably let it go for $100 + shipping. I don't believe it has more than 10 miles on it.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Sheesh I hope I have this posting thing figured out.

Well this may be a little hard to explain.....

We are in the process of mailing 2 LJM bars out right now. That leaves 2 and possibly only 2 left. Both of these have been promised and I would at least feel obligated to contact those people before I could sell them out from under them....

We are never sure if we can get more made or not.... even if we can, once these last 2 are gone, it will take a prepaid group buy of no less than 10 to get a new group made. I just can't continue to fund the buys and take 9months to a year to get my money back...Sorry, but this is preventing me from doing upgrades to my own cars.

Certainly if there is enough interest, I'll do everything I can to come up with more bars. Let me know how much interest there is and when I see one of the principles in 2 weeks I'll check on how likely we are to get some made up.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Do you know if your strut bar will work on a 85 Celica as well? I know the engine bays are different but I'm pretty sure the width of our cars are the same. If it will work I would love a strut brace and you can count me in on any group buys that take place.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I don't believe that the LJM Strut Bar will fit an 85 Celica. It is my understanding that they have a slightly different pattern to the strut studs and will not match up to the bar.

I've never actually tried to fit one on a celica but have been told the stud spacing is different.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Celica stud pattern and LJM bar

Yes, unfortunately the stud pattern is different. There also may be clearance issues with the celica intake manifold.

·
Registered
788 Posts
aww hell, count me in for the next group buy too!

I guess I could use it, since the front is still a little sloppy, even with the Addco sway bars installed!
Chris

____

"outta the way little Honda!!!"

·
Registered
991 Posts
I have emailed the 2 people who We have been holding bars for to see if they really want them or not. If not, We will have 2 bars available. If they do want them, then it will take a prepaid group buy of 10 minimum and preferably 20 bars in order to get a new batch fabricated.

I'll let eveyone know when I hear about the outcome of the last 2 LJM bars.

Thanks,
Leslie

·
Registered
185 Posts
Agreed. Start something in the group buy section. I'd deffinatly be interested in picking up at least 1, and maybe even 2! :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Count me in for that LJM Strut Bar too.... I might have to get 3 bars but not sure yet about it....

Does anyone has a LJM Strut bar with a 7MGE or 7MGTE motor on it... it is about clearancing question....

And how much is the LJM Strut bar would cost

·
Registered
991 Posts
ITSUKI Drifter said:
Count me in for that LJM Strut Bar too.... I might have to get 3 bars but not sure yet about it....

Does anyone has a LJM Strut bar with a 7MGE or 7MGTE motor on it... it is about clearancing question....

And how much is the LJM Strut bar would cost
Yes the LJM bars will fit with 7mge, 7mgte, 5mge or 6mge with no issues. Actually, (at least in my car) there is more clearance with the 7mgte than there was with the 5mge. Several folks have the bar installed with 7mge and 7mgte's not just me.

Bars are 160.00 which includes shipping if you are inside the USA, shipping is extra outside the USA.

Leslie<<<L in LJM :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts