Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was digging around behind the dash today and found most of an Alpine alarm. Of course, this surprised me to no end since I thought the car had no alarm (definately doesn't have a working alarm)...

·
Super Moderator
8,395 Posts
No. The factory 85/86 alarm unit is mounted under the left quarter window.

·
Registered
830 Posts
factory alarm

what does the factory alarm do anyways??? does it come in every supra? cuz i can't seem to see anything that resembles an alarm in my supra. its an 86 btw. hmmm

·
Super Moderator
8,395 Posts
Re: factory alarm

cartman said:
what does the factory alarm do anyways??? does it come in every supra? cuz i can't seem to see anything that resembles an alarm in my supra. its an 86 btw. hmmm
Headlights pop up and flash and the alarm horn goes off. The turning the key in the ignition turn it offs. The alarm should only activate when you lock the doors from the inside. The only physical evidence of the alarm is the decal on the quarter window. All 85 and 86 cars have one, before that there wasn't a factory alarm.

·
Registered
830 Posts

SilverMk2 said:
cartman said:
Headlights pop up and flash and the alarm horn goes off. The turning the key in the ignition turn it offs. The alarm should only activate when you lock the doors from the inside. The only physical evidence of the alarm is the decal on the quarter window. All 85 and 86 cars have one, before that there wasn't a factory alarm.
is there a way of testing the alarm without having to break your car window just to test it??

·
Super Moderator
8,395 Posts

cartman said:
is there a way of testing the alarm without having to break your car window just to test it??
1. Roll the drivers window down
2. lock the door from the inside (fold the lock down and hold the handle up when closing the door)
3. close the door
4. Reach thru the window and unlock the door
5. Open the door and the alarm should go off
6. Turn the ignition key to "on" and the alarm should go off

·
Registered
830 Posts
looks like my alarm dosn't work, maybe the previous owner unhooked. i also found a toggle switch underneath the steering wheel. i wonder what thats for??

·
Registered
36 Posts
aus spec supra's got a different alarm
its very annoying as its somtimes a bitch to arm, and instead of arming it just goes off :p

there is also a way to "silent alarm" it

and all it does it make noises and flash the hazard lights

·
3,283 Posts

SilverMk2 said:
cartman said:
1. Roll the drivers window down
2. lock the door from the inside (fold the lock down and hold the handle up when closing the door)
3. close the door
4. Reach thru the window and unlock the door
5. Open the door and the alarm should go off
6. Turn the ignition key to "on" and the alarm should go off
don't forget to wait ~28 seconds before opening the door. I usually wait a minute to make sure it's armed.

to get to the factory alarm, you'll need to pull the trim panels off on the driver's side, Below the quarter glass, on the 85/86, I think there is 4 things in there, one should be marked alarm control or something about security. (take a lunch, it's a real PITA to get to.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts