Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, thought I'de let you all know that I, tonight, am a very happy camper. What makes you so happy Magnus? Well my low end power problems seem to have disappear for the most part and my car sounds better than ever. What did you do you ask? First off I retimed the car, we (me and my ugly-in-law) tried the 14*, but the engine hesitated like crazy. (It always had a slight hesitation anyway. But after playing with for a while I finally grabbed the distributor and did it the old fashioned way. Turn the distributor, gunned the engine, back and forth till I found a spot I liked. Checked it with a timing light, 11-12*. Took if for a ride and I was surprised it jumps right out there, the launch is a 1000 times better than it was before. But that's not all. Next I played with the spark plug wires, just didn't like the way they tangled around each other and to get where they were going. Now they are laid out nice, look good, and the car seems to run a little better. Surprise, I didn't expect that just from straightening out the wires, or maybe it's my imagination.

Now for the fun part, I've been meaning to find a way to remove the baffle in the air intake, so I started playing around with it. When I installed the RabinChimp filter I had removed the mount from the AFM altogether. But this causes the filter to set low, so I put the mount back under the AFM and readjusted the filter to set better. Off we went to the hardware store. No luck finding a nice stainless steel pipe to put in there. (Where do you find such a thing anyway?) So I bought a curved pvc pipe 2 1/2 inches around and about 1.5 feet long. I cut that down to about 7 maybe 8 inches. Grabbed my dremel and went to work on the ends. I beveled the interier edge that was about 1/4 inche thick till it was virtually nothing. The beveled edge runs about 1/2 inch up into the pipe. I took this and shoved it into the two rubber connectors that go on the baffle. After working it around and around push here and squeeze there if finally popped into place where I wanted it. Hmmmm, it has actually extended the air intake about 2 inches. After removing the stop fuse to reset the computer, I took it for a ride. Amazing the throttle response is again better, and the sound, especially on the upper end, is awesome.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
And where's the picture???? :roll:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Muchbzy said:
And where's the picture???? :roll:
You'll get one... I didn't have my digital camera with me.. and I've got to paint the thing, you'de guys would laugh your B*** off if you saw it looking like plumber job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts