Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few suggestions

1. Reduce the number of categories (or user can specify). It prevents information overload, plus reduces the display time for users with a slower connection. It will also help in search indexing later on.

2. Alternate categories:

FAQ - Common questions answered here (moderated submits)

Proven solutions - The how-to fix or modify something with detailed
instructions/pics (moderated)

History - known historical nuggets: specs, production numbers, colors, etc. Could be a link to an existing celicasupra.com page.

Vendors - who sells know items for the MK2.

The MK2 board archives - searchable link for all Yahoo messages.

Jim
www.celicasupra.com/7mgte

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Ill call you sometime soon to discuss the site. I was thinking about a moderated FAQ section for sure.

·
Super Moderator
10,395 Posts
I agree, there are too many folders, waaaay more then I have time to check. But the forum looks great! Lets beat on it and hope it takes it well! Thanks Mike, its about time we had our own forum!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
The many folders will help to keep the noise down -- trust me.

After all, there are only so many topics you're interested in.

...if not there's always the 'show me all of the new posts' option. :)

·
Super Moderator
10,395 Posts
Mike, you mind if I pimp the new forum on the CS list? I have no wish to return there now but theres no denying the lists resources, I'd like to convince as many to come as possible. You haven't started a new thread about the forum there yet so I was wondering if this would interfere with your plans.

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
I actually did make a post, but I encourage all migrating here :) Im glad some of you guys understand my goal here. Its an opportunity for our spread out little mk2 community to come together in 1 place finally.

I did get some hate mail...before and now. People think Im trying to start some empire to feed my ego...heh. Scary thought.

Come one, come all :)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
:shock:
Anyone who thinks you're trying to start an empire has no idea who you are.

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Hell, I already sold out anyways....

200HP VR6, 6sp...its a cool little chick car. Many mods are a coming tho...worknig in the auto aftermarket...with a car that has aftermarket support...rules :)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Even before meeting you in person Mike, I never would have thought you someone who is "trying to start an empire"... and having pizza and taking in some sights with ya :lol: I can definately say thats not the case...

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Malloy said:
Hell, I already sold out anyways....

200HP VR6, 6sp...its a cool little chick car. Many mods are a coming tho...worknig in the auto aftermarket...with a car that has aftermarket support...rules :)
What? :shock: Give me a call and explain!

·
Super Moderator
10,395 Posts
Whats to explain? He still has his mk2, he just has a winter beater now! I love supras to bits but making normal size north americans sit in the rear seats is cruel and unusal punishment. I bought my wife an AE86 and I'm so happy that the rear seats in those thing are super roomy! Well at least compared to a supra.

Mike, what kind of control do you have over the registration process? The last question that asks about the date with all the codes to control their order is a little confusing, especially to people who are used to mailing lists. Maybe we can give a better description on what to do or just elimant the feature all together. I've had to help out one person already on that one and found it slightly confusing myself, just an idea.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
SupraFiend said:
Whats to explain? He still has his mk2, he just has a winter beater now!
You just explained it, butthead. :) ;)

I wasn't sure if he sold the MkII or what.
The reason you got the AE86 is the same reason we got the IS. I'd like to source an AE86 as well... that would make a great DD... better than the AE102.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Umm...I had the privilege of seeing this "Winter beater"... and if he considers that a beater, I wish I had a beater that nice....

It's even made me reconsider turning my Mk II into a garage queen... provided of course I can't convince the woman that a nice IS 300 is a better choice than a Highlander for a new car for us...

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Quick,let me know when you get serious about the AE86,requirements,etc.I know of 1 GTS ,needs work,think I still have a reachable # for him"divorce time".I also have the SR5 awaiting a State Patrol inspection,before I can sell it.It's a carbed AT car,surprisingly rather fun to drive still :D

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Off to General chat I go to discuss my new beater. Need to say on topic as much as possible around here (hard for me) :) I do not expact anyone to follow :wink: ...but the VR6 engine is really neat. Info in new thread.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Junkie said:
Quick,let me know when you get serious about the AE86,requirements,etc.I know of 1 GTS ,needs work,think I still have a reachable # for him"divorce time".I also have the SR5 awaiting a State Patrol inspection,before I can sell it.It's a carbed AT car,surprisingly rather fun to drive still :D
Thanks, man. I will definitely do so. I need to get an AE102 cluster with tach from you guys anyway.

I would buy one right now if not for the fact that we are just about done buying our new place.

When I find out for sure if the MkII is going to come back to me I'll make my decision. I'll know that this summer or so...

I don't mind a beater -- would give me a chance to fix 'er up.
-Chris

·
Super Moderator
10,395 Posts
Back on topic here. I agree, having lots of good folders does reduce clutter, BUT too many just makes it a PITA to check the latest threads. Also lets keep in mind here we are trying to attract alot of peeps from the CS list that are used to ONE big folder. My suggestion is amalgamate the turbo folders into 1 folder. This makes sense anyways as most people who are interested in 6m/5m turbo stuff are intersted in 7m stuff as well, and anyone whos into turbos is interested in any 2jz stuff (and at this point in time there is exactly 3 known 2jz mk2 owners in the whole world). Sound good?

And Mike, did you see my post about the date thing during registering? Just trying to make this place as newb friendly as possible, I really want to see this succed and the CS list and SFs become pointless to check or post to.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts