Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Dave A. for naming this one...

Anyhoo...

The coolant hose under the intake manifold finally went, luckily as I was backing into my garage (as far as I can tell). All of the other hoses (except the small throttle body warmers) have been replaced. I even have this hose, just dreaded replacing it. No choice now.

Any tips? Anything need to be removed? Distributor? Intake manifold?

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I had a skinny friend do mine. I couldnt get to it too well. But at the time I wasnt as farmilair with where everything was, I could probably do it myself now. Probably the only thing you should move is the coolant overflow tank.

WES

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
My mechanic did it without removing anything.

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Now, Now....I didn't really give that hose that name........but I was pretty ticked when that stupid hose decided to let loose at the most inappropriate time and forced me to say goodbye to a perfectly good 5M. :mad:

·
Registered
870 Posts
Is that the one that goes to the throttle body? If so, then bypass the throttle body (only if you don't drive in below freezing weather). I bypassed it. Easy to do (on a 7m at least, not sure about 5m as I forgot where the little hoses go).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, guys. So, it's possible w/o removing any major parts, as long as I swear a lot...I have a feeling that shouldn't be a problem (the swearing, that is).

MikeD. - This isn't around the TB, it's under the intake plenum/manifold - pretty much invisible.

Mark

·
Super Moderator
8,673 Posts
Take the distributor out, it should be easy to change then. Shouldn't take you more than an hour to do it this way.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Run your driver's side tire on a ramp and you should be able to get at it from under the car pretty easy. The connection tword the fire wall is the worst easiest from under the car. The one to the thermostat housing is easy from the top. For a little more room take your dis cap off and maybe the puke tank. That's about it.

Remember to put the hose clamps on the hose BEFORE you put the hose to the connections.... :roll: :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts