Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I noticed I was leaking coolant, guage goes all the way to H, thought it was the water pump and honestly I wish it was, the coolant bypass hose has a tear in it right where it connects to the thermostat, I managed to wrap some flex seal tape around it as a quick fix cuz I cant seem to find a replacement hose anywhere. They couldn't find a better spot to attach this hose to in the factory? Lol. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew of a good way to replace the suicide hose? No clue what the part number is and local shops dont have a clue either. I'm dreading replacing it cuz it's in such an annoying spot, I'm thinking of just cutting it since it has a decent amount of slack and the tear is only an inch from where it connects, any advice or ideas?

·
Premium Member
5,881 Posts
Yes, we do! Remove distributor cap and put aside. Remove the 2 engine mount bolts on the drivers side. Using a 2 X 4, jack up the engine at the oil pan lip about 2 " and place another 2 X 4 under the engine mount. Lower jack. Careful with the fan shroud and other parts that may be stressed during the engine-jacking procedure. Use 5/8 " Gates GREEN STRIPE heater hose for that replacement. Good stuff! You may choose to double clamp both ends. That hose takes a LOT of pressure from the water pump @ 6,000 rippems. I blew mine twice. It was spectacular.

Use this same procedure to replace the fuel filter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts