Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Does your MK2 have sunroof or hard top (added moon roof, T-tops or convertables are counted as hard

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to see how many of you guyz and galz had sunroof or not

out of all the mk2's iv owned they have all had sunroofs. Are the non-sunroof mk2's rare? Because almost all of the mk2's iv seen they have sunroofs.

ohh and just reply with year and P-type or L-type?

im doing some reasearch for school and this would help me out very much
thanks in advace

83 (rip :( .) P-type Sunroof
84 P-type Sunroof
85 P-type Sunroof :p

·
Registered
430 Posts
zankone said:
just wanted to see how many of you guyz and galz had sunroof or not

P-Type, Cloth, No sunroof (PREFER IT THAT WAY)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
85 P-type w/ sunroof (answered poll)

The only non-sunroof I've seen is Leslie Grover's.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I have a 1983 P-type with no sunroof. Quick, you've seen pics of my car too...so Leslie's + Mine = 2 with no sunroof :)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
SupraRacer007 said:
I have a 1983 P-type with no sunroof. Quick, you've seen pics of my car too...so Leslie's + Mine = 2 with no sunroof :)
I meant in person, you hoser. Take off, eh! :p

;)

ObOnTopic: Much more headroom in the sunroof-less car, btw.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
SDR 85 P-Type, Maroon Leather, Sunroof (answered poll).

Silver 81 MKI, Black/Gray Cloth, Sunroof.

Copper Metallic 80 MKI, Tan Cloth, No Sunroof (from 14 years ago).

I have test driven a 85 SDR Maroon Cloth that did not have a Sunroof several years ago, and I currently know of another 85 SDR Maroon Cloth in a junkyard at the moment that does not have a Sunroof.

12 years ago when I was still looking around at MKII's, I found a 85 Whitepra P-Type, Maroon Leather & No Sunroof @ a Toyota dealer. Looked nice.

I "thought" AlanG's 85 Whitepra 5MGTE was a hardtop car also, along w/ possibly his 2-tone 84 Blupra??? I'm pretty sure his 85 Redpra is a sunroof car.

Aside from Leslie's 83 Red TOAD, the only other hardtop that I can think of, is Julie Davis's 85 Blupra P-Type.

The hardtop MKII's are around, but I've noticed that the majority of them are the low option/cloth interior cars, the leather interior cars seem to be the ones that are loaded up the most.

·
Registered
991 Posts
quick said:
85 P-type w/ sunroof (answered poll)

The only non-sunroof I've seen is Leslie Grover's.
Seriously Chris? Most MKII's I see in Abq. are hardtops.

I voted for sunroof but also have a hardtop. Both are 83P types. Poll needs to be updated with more options. MSS is getting to be a big thing and the poll only lets us vote once......

Leslie

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
83 p-type

Chicks dig the moonroof...

Black car /w all black leather interior (btw: I think I have the L-type door panels), take a lady out at night for a cruise in the mountains, she can just lean back and look at the stars, all the while my cat-convrtr and ghetto-fab'd exhaust hanger resonate/vibrate the bottom of the passenger seat...

chicks do dig riding in my supra for some odd reason =)

--BillyM

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
MkIISuperSupra said:
Seriously Chris? Most MKII's I see in Abq. are hardtops.
Yepper. I see _very_ few hardtops.

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
mk2_suprafan said:
85 p-type, no sunroof, and i like it that way. a sunroof would jsut screw up my hair 8)
...like an inadequately-hung guy saying "..if it were bigger, it would just get in the way while i walk." Sounds to me like you are just making your inadequately-sunroof'd whining.

viva la sunroof's :lol:

--BillyM

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
_HOT_M16 said:
mk2_suprafan said:
85 p-type, no sunroof, and i like it that way. a sunroof would jsut screw up my hair 8)
...like an inadequately-hung guy saying "..if it were bigger, it would just get in the way while i walk." Sounds to me like you are just making your inadequately-sunroof'd whining.

viva la sunroof's :lol:

--BillyM
now how do you figure that? i really dont like sunroofs on cars, the hair thing was a joke, but the sun is what really pisses me off. seems like every time i have the sunroof open on my nissan, the sun moves itself to aim through the roof and behind my glasses, leaving me no protection against glare and harmful UV rays, lol :D

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have 2 hard top supras. Blue 85 auto and Red bpu 85 5spd.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
84 P-Type Hardtop.

As a rule, hardtops are better for performance cars as they are lighter and stiffer..... but that being said, I usually prefer my "toys" to have some kind of open roof. To me, cruising in the summer with the windows down and the top open is just heaven...

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
'82 p-type hardtop here.

I got a question regarding hardtops for all you wiseguys and gals :)
When I had my headliner out to re-cover it last winter I noticed an odd block of metal bolted to the inside of the roof! It's located about where the sunroof motor would be. I didn't remove because I figured its gotta be there for a reason. But what in the heck is that reason?! I sure hope someone can shed some light on this this oddity of engineering.

Thanks,

1 - 20 of 69 Posts