Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so i replaced my whole sunroof assembly, from the metal, to the track, now the motor isn't coming into contact with the tracks teeth, it just spins, is there a difference in years for motor assembly? Like my motor's teeth do not reach the teeth, needs to be longer?

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
What year? I just removed a track and motor from an 84. Works fine.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
nope all motors are the same
pull out the track and check for binding

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just tried to mess with it again, still not working.... i took out motor watched it spin, and i know the track moves because i moved it by hand.. I don't know it's not even touching the damn track, it's just spinning when i bolt it up.. :duh:

·
Registered
809 Posts
I would pull the track out again. Check out the cables and track, but especially make sure the cog and motor mesh to pull the cables. I think the cables have some ridges or teeth that a cog meshes with. If those aren't stripped, the problem might be how you are installing it. Just try it again, and make sure the cog/motor mesh. You can manually turn the screw with a flathead screwdriver to watch it work.

Also, check out Marblehead's thread on making the final adjustment so that the roof closes completely: has to do with using a screwdriver to manually turn the adjustment screw at the motor cog the last half inch or so. I couldn't find the thread...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts