Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some measurements from someone. I left the center support off of my sunshade when I put it on the '82. I've lost it, and am going to make a substitute. What I Need to know is the measurements of the center support, from the end bolting to the sunshade to the part which touches the glass. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Someone might have the spare part you are attempting to fabricate.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I don't have the hole in the glass for it. I need the measurements so I can build a "half support" with a rubber piece on the end. The rubber pushes on the glass, holding the sunshade up. I wouldn't worry about it, but when I shut my door my sunshade bounces in the center..

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
And it will fly off the car at highway speed!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I have an '82 and my rear window does not have a hole in it either. The sunshade support rests on the glass with some sort of rubber gasket, I suppose. I don't know if it is glued or if it is a pressure applied fitting. Hasn't flown off in 26 years, but I don't regularly drive over 100 mph, either.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Too bad you're so far away. I've got a rusted out hatch from my '84 that has the single sunshade with the support going through the glass.

From the shade to the glass - 2 1/8" that includes the bolt-in bracket (1/4") that goes into the shade and the circular pad (1/4") touching the glass.

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
I fudged an OE center support on Bruce M's car for him years back. He dsnt have the hole in the glass either.

I cut off the threaded stud and grinded it smooth.

Added the soft fuzzy side of velcro to be the cushion against the glass.

Been fine ever since, but its doubtful thay Bruce exceeds 65 ever.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
One upper/outer center support section is waiting for you.

Send me your address on a PM and I'll send you what you need.

$5.00 should cover the cost of postage. Send to my PayPal.

Sound good?

Double sided tape will hold it to the glass if there's some pressure.

I've done it before and I also used a felt furniture foot pad to rest on the glass.
No problem at sane speeds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts