Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 85 supra and i am new to these cars im a chevy small block guy any tips or things to check out and whats a good swap if n when the 2.8 goes ..happy new years folks

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
If sitting for a while, check for rust in the fuel tank. Check for rust all over the car.

·
Founding Member
6,229 Posts
Welcome. The trending swap is the Toyota 2JZ. Lots of threads on this forum about it. There's been a couple of Chevy v6s and v8s done, but the v configuration interferes with the steering and is lots more fabrication. From everything I've read over the years on this forum, most everyone would seem to prefer an all pure Toyota swap anyway as there's lots of options. Even a Century v12 has been done.

But realize that unlike 60s muscle cars, these Supras are virtually impossible to ever "restore" due to the low production numbers, low survival rate and lack of any reproduction parts. If its in good shape and would show well at a car show as-is, leave it original. Values of original Supras are set to go up. We reach peak demographics in about 12 more years when the guys who got their driver's licenses in 1982 reach retirement age.

Only consider a Chevy swap if the cosmetics are already toast and the only viable thing to do with it is to go the full pro-touring route where everything gets customized. And then don't expect to get your money back. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts