Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello again everyone.

Here is a major update to the MK2 Supra banner font I made some time ago. This version was reworked from the ground up, the only thing used from the previous version was a visual reference as I made the new version. I started with scans directly from my own hatch, vector traced them by hand and then built characters off of the original letters from there.

I have been working on a lot of vector based graphics over the last few months and as my skill had improved tremendously I looked back on this font, which was my first project involving vector based graphics and decided it needed a reboot to really do justice to the vision I had for it.

I have removed the comparison to GrimJack's font, I think most of you know the differences and if not you can always compare them yourself.

The new version includes several styles that will properly install under one family so that they appear under the same tree.

Download here: goo.gl/jvgTZl

Version 3 samples below, click to make it bigger! ↓↓↓

Download here: goo.gl/jvgTZl

An important note: The source letters from the banner were slightly modified on purpose to make them better suited to be used in a font with the rest of the unofficial characters. This means that while it may be a great font it is not suitable to be used for vinyl cutting or printing a replacement sticker for your hatch. I do have an SVG of an exact trace of the banner that was the foundation of this font, but at this point I will not be releasing that as Raptor Racing and torparts have great quality stickers at a very reasonable price. If you have a need for the original banner for another reason please PM me.

·
Registered
453 Posts
That is a great looking shirt idea, and I would be definitely buy one or two of those.

Great work on the font and thank you for putting it together. Very useful.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I must admit I was pretty bummed at the lackluster response when I originally posted this cause I worked pretty darn hard on it. I'm glad you guys like it.

Gamble here is my quick attempt at a draft, with colors sampled from your picture...

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
That looks great. So much for claiming not much experience with Photoshop..... Just because you don't receive an overwhelming response doesn't mean that we haven't viewed and appreciate your efforts and contribution. I'd say it's because we don't know what to say but you'd never believe that so maybe we're just showing a little restraint for reasons none of us understand. Obviously I don't!

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
that is awesome. how about the teq logo isntead of toyota written out? https://www.google.com/search?q=toyota+teq+logo&client=firefox-a&hs=xf7&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=fflb&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=LCvrUsuLBsK6yAGS4oHADA&ved=0CCwQsAQ&biw=1440&bih=766

the different color outlines on the letters might make it more expensive with the extra colors and as long as the font is big enough it should be easy to read. i can get a pic of the front of that shirt, it basically says 1965 FIAA CHAMPION or something but we could put whatever up front like an outline and/or an emblem, or a year range maybe? i would for sure be down for a few shirts. i used to have a buddy with a screen printing setup but not anymore, if we made enough with preorders they could get reasonably priced i think with quality shirts too.

·
Registered
453 Posts
on a grey or blue shirt. White never lasts, black is basic, but the blue will pop with the orange...Not a Broncos plug either.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
that last one hurts my colorblindness i think haha, but i like where your head is at. finally got pic of the front of it. just a little front pocket sized area. oh man, if we could have these made as pocket t's, that would be amazing.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts