Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of these are compatible? I'm not looking for big things, but the smaller parts that I don't want to deal with Toyota on (the covers for the power window controls, a new drivers side under cover). Are these things far game from a 83-85 Celica?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have found some things to be the same while others may be different between various year supras and celicas.

·
Super Moderator
8,395 Posts
The power window controls are much different between Celicas and Supras. I assume by undercover the panel that goes by the gas pedals? If so it doesn't exist on Celicas. Pretty much the entire interior trim is different between Celicas and Supra. Front seats are the same the rears are upholstered different (at least in cloth). Most of the other stuff is different in it own little way. Most of the handles, some of the trunk trim, headliner, and a few other parts are the same though.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guess I got lucky then; I found the undercover panel yesterday at a local junkyard. They had an 84 that had been pretty well stripped, but still had some interrior components left. Speaking of which, when did junkyards stop pulling 5Ms? Both of the Mk IIs I found still had engines, and neither look like it had died a horrible death (didn't look to closely, since mine only has about 30k miles on it).

·
Registered
229 Posts
The centre consiole (with lid that goes between front seats) is slightly different in the Celica - 2cm shorter and some different boly holes. However, they are still compatable - thins is what I'm using now.

And the beauty of a black interior is that you can vynal spray any good bits you get to match your own interior. Chocolate brown need not be a negative!

- Justin
JXA-61 in production

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
Sparky, take extreme care when you find that power window cover. They're attached with those annoying little press on discs on the underside. Prying them off almost always results in the the plastic stud on the cover being broken off. It takes alot of patience and finese to get them off without breaking. No such luck for me on the last one so I had to rig something else up, didn't work quite as well as I would have liked. Its also a little safer to take the whole switch with it as well as they'res some other equaly annoying plastic tabs holding the cover to the switch box. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
To be on the safe side, say anything above shoulder height (when seated) is compatible between the Celica and Supra...with a few exceptions.

Compatible:
*Front seats: Celica GTS and Supra p-type
*Rear armrests and panels
*A-pillar, B-pillar and C-pillar trims
*Hatch area cover in front of tail lights
*Hatchback cover (covers wiper motor)
*Hatch area roll-away cover
*Rear shock tower covers (the molded carpet domes)
*Upper door trim (padded portion) only
*Headliner
*Headliner trim above door windows and around sunroof
*Interior mirror
*Small things like: door handle and cups, door lights, rear speaker grills, seat belts
*Jury still seems to be out on carpet compatibility
*You MAY be able to use an entire Celica door trim panel, armrest and all, for a direct swap for the Supra door trim panel. Never tried that. Don't know if the electrical harnesses would be the same.

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dyingof nothing.
Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts