Discussion Starter #21
Looks like a great turnout Nic,,nice shots ! That MR2 trailer is very cool

Any numbers from the dyno ?
that trailer is a bbq :laugh:

·
Registered
861 Posts
Totally excellent week-end!!!

Yeah Rob's euro mkII now has the 7mgte in it.
It's actually very cool that he came with it considering he barely just finished puting it in the car!

Bruce, I'll post my dyno sheet tonight. only downside is I didnt get the torque numbers, my tach is not hooked up.
Biggest numbers on the dyno where on a mkIII that made 606 hp at the wheels. 2jz with many a goodie!
I and Joseph were the only two mkII on the dyno.
Joseph did very good with his 7mgte, I THINK its 312 hp and 347 torque or something close.
I did 284 hp at the wheels with my totally stock 1jz-gte, seriously I don't think I need any more than that... well maybe just make it to the 300 mark...maybe!

I hope George, Rob, Tony and Jamie didn't get home to late yesterday, we went on a still quite long drive during the day and I expect they got home at a late hour.

Thanks guys, I'm really happy I met all of you! It was really fun hosting you guys!

Nic

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Awesome pics and thanks for sharing! :thumbsup: You and Joseph's numbers are awesome! Nice going guys! What? Jim King didn't dyno the automatic with the one headlight out? :duh:

·
Registered
861 Posts
yeah I guess that burnt headlight would have cost him too many hps so he decided not to put it on the dyno.
Still its always a pleasure to see him come up here every year!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yea it was good week-end overall. The weather did screw up our original plans though. I was happy to see big numbers at the dyno. Supraquebec has became a serious and strong comunity.

It was really fun to talk with new peoples from the USA and Ontario. Thanks for driving that far to meet us it was really apreciated. I hope to see all of you at the Toronto meet.

·
Registered
7,010 Posts
if I'm not mistaking, rwdfreak above did the 609whp, with a 1J @ 28psi !!
Great meet, and unfortunate heavy rain on Saturday.
The turn-out of MK2 is increasing year after year !

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Totally excellent week-end!!!

Yeah Rob's euro mkII now has the 7mgte in it.
It's actually very cool that he came with it considering he barely just finished puting it in the car!

Bruce, I'll post my dyno sheet tonight. only downside is I didnt get the torque numbers, my tach is not hooked up.
Biggest numbers on the dyno where on a mkIII that made 606 hp at the wheels. 2jz with many a goodie!
I and Joseph were the only two mkII on the dyno.
Joseph did very good with his 7mgte, I THINK its 312 hp and 347 torque or something close.
I did 284 hp at the wheels with my totally stock 1jz-gte, seriously I don't think I need any more than that... well maybe just make it to the 300 mark...maybe!

I hope George, Rob, Tony and Jamie didn't get home to late yesterday, we went on a still quite long drive during the day and I expect they got home at a late hour.

Thanks guys, I'm really happy I met all of you! It was really fun hosting you guys!

Nic

More great shots !!

Nice numbers Nic and rwdfreak ,,,damn nice :thumbsup: Anymore pics of the BBQ ? It sounds like a plan ,,,,I have a donar MKII :naughty:

·
Super Moderator
7,283 Posts
Well;

I just got to Michigan an hour ago...holly tons of driving the last few days. I got home about 12:30am last night and I heard that Tony and Jamie got home about 1am. I haven't had a chance to talk to Rob but I'm sure he got home ok.

Thanks to SupraQuebec for hosting another awesome meet; was sooo great to chat with everyone once again and meet a few new people. I would like to PERSONALLY thank Nicholas for taking the time to come and pick us up from our Hotel and bring us to all the events...as well as bring us out for a cruise Sunday afternoon.

It was an awesome meet for me as I got to drive a few awesome MK2's:

1) Joseph TorqueMonster MK2
2) Rob's Euro 7MGTE conversion...ultra rare; ultra light and ultra freak'n fast
3) Nicholas's Best in Class Winning 1J

Thanks guys; just goes to show you that you REALLY can have a great time at a meet without driving your own car.

I took about 4 pictures...no point posting them. On a side note; I'm sure Joseph will chime in with his numbers but his Torque numbers were 417lb-ft...

·
Registered
861 Posts
Yeah I was kinda feeling bad for you guys on sunday, I figured you would get home pretty late and exhausted.
Good to know you all got there in one piece!
It was sweet to drag the bunch around the corners of the region for the week-end.
I do tend to forget numbers and really wasnt sure for Jospeh's monster torque numbers.

Bruce a mkII trailer/bbq hehehe that would be pretty cool! The mr2 bbq was sweet but I thinkthat the size of the bbq was somewhat small for cooking for a group.

Oh and as a weird news, I just learned that supraquebec guys that went for the go-kart ride (7 of them) all got tickets for illegal mufflers!!! Police are getting more and more nutsy on this subject here. They will contest the ticket as a group and they want to contact local news papers to signal the abuse of police on this subject. Edmund actually got two tickets one on friday as well as one on sunday for the same thing!!!
This really sucks... cause they only give out the tickets for the $ and wont hear any of the facts you may tell them, even a copy of the manufacturers specs.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Wow, what a fun meet! Got home last night @ 11:30pm after a beautiful twisty drive through the Adirondack mountains.

First I have to give a huge thanks to Nic and Sara for being the best hosts and guides throughout the weekend. My GF Sarah and I got to see as much as possible of Montreal in a very short time thanks to them. Anyone who is thinking of going to the meet should leave some extra time to explore the area. I can't wait to go back!

I do have a bunch of pics (some are even good!) that I will try and upload/post ASAP.

SupraQuebec rocks! They have such a great group of members with really awesome cars. So many 1J and 2J swaps in MK2/3s. Also great to see some J series engines with smaller single turbos and usable powerbands.

Even though there wasn't a huge MK2 showing the cars and owners there were very cool. I missed meeting a couple but did get to chat up Nic, Bruno, Jamie, Jocelyn, Max (with the super clean MK3 Celica w/BBK etc.), one other guy that I didn't even realize had a MK2 til later, and I totally missed meeting the guy with the white MK2 w/cool hood graphics. Who else? Of course JK, George and Rob :)

I did finally dyno my car thanks to the charity of Rob and Eric. Thanks guys!!! My scanner is being difficult but the numbers are: 312.7hp @ 4955rpm and 416.8lb-ft @ 3336rpm. This @ about 15-16psi with a stock CT, MK3 IC, and bolt ons. It might have been less boost since 4th gear is iffy to begin with sometimes and then the boost falls off later. Anyways, pretty good numbers for a very basic setup. HUGE thanks to George (RaptorRacing) for his help in getting the car where it is today!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nice numbers Nic and rwdfreak ,,,damn nice
rwdfreak above did the 609whp, with a 1J @ 28psi
No no you have the wrong guy Jocelyn. On Supraquebec it's rwd, my nick is maxcelica (only place I use that nick).

I would barely make the dyno roller turn with the engine curently in it :laugh:(basicaly modded 22re).

Glad everyone got home safely.

We got pulled over by cops on Sunday drive for exhaust inpection 7 out of us got home with a $154 fine inlueding me. We are all gonna fight and hopefully win our cases (I'd say 75% on our side if not more). The cops there had no mechanical knowledge what so ever. He was proud to tell me this small municipaliity was giving over 200 exaust ticket per month. No wonder they had 3 brand new Charger police car (one per cops).

·
Registered
7,010 Posts
Joseph, rare name he has, so no wonder why you did not remember: Fabrice
I do agree with comments; I keep reading from the NE meets the w-ends of meets
goes by soooo fast, and you don't really have time to chat with everyone...
so thrue!

rwdfreak: sorry, you got me with the name Max !

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
so who was the other Jamie that I didnt meet? lol

Even though there wasn't a huge MK2 showing the cars and owners there were very cool. I missed meeting a couple but did get to chat up Nic, Bruno, Jamie, Jocelyn, Max (with the super clean MK3 Celica w/BBK etc.), one other guy that I didn't even realize had a MK2 til later, and I totally missed meeting the guy with the white MK2 w/cool hood graphics. Who else? Of course JK, George and Rob :)
I bet the guy your talking about is me. I got there late on Friday with the silver mk2 with black front bumper. what you guys need to do is take a picture of your face, and your car and post them up. then I'll know who everyone is :laugh:

And that white mk2 with the black hood sticker, I saw that car on lespac.com for sale around the same time I bought my car. who owns that now? Its so cool to see that someone picked it up and is now participating in the community, props to that!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
so who was the other Jamie that I didnt meet? lol
Yes of course I was talking about you! LOL I figured you'd know who I was since I was the only guy from NY that brought a 7M MK2 :D. We talked a bit about (and looked at) your suspension in the Julip parking lot. It was funny I didn't see you or your car at the dyno place but then you were driving with us and taking pics. How'd that happen?

BTW there was also Jamie (from Toronto) with the white JDM 1GGTE MK3.

Joseph, rare name he has, so no wonder why you did not remember: Fabrice
Is this Fabrice's MK2 on the right?

We got pulled over by cops on Sunday drive for exhaust inpection 7 out of us got home with a $154 fine inlueding me. We are all gonna fight and hopefully win our cases (I'd say 75% on our side if not more). The cops there had no mechanical knowledge what so ever. He was proud to tell me this small municipaliity was giving over 200 exaust ticket per month. No wonder they had 3 brand new Charger police car (one per cops).
This sucks! So were you all just driving along and three cop cars pulled the whole group at once? You say 7 drivers/cars got tickets, how many were in your group? It's really a shame when police do things like this. Then they wonder why they don't get much respect.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts