Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Yes of course I was talking about you! LOL I figured you'd know who I was since I was the only guy from NY that brought a 7M MK2 :D. We talked a bit about (and looked at) your suspension in the Julip parking lot. It was funny I didn't see you or your car at the dyno place but then you were driving with us and taking pics. How'd that happen?

BTW there was also Jamie (from Toronto) with the white JDM 1GGTE MK3.

Is this Fabrice's MK2 on the right?

This sucks! So were you all just driving along and three cop cars pulled the whole group at once? You say 7 drivers/cars got tickets, how many were in your group? It's really a shame when police do things like this. Then they wonder why they don't get much respect.

we were never properly introduced!! I was poking around your car most of the meet, I loved it. your display name is what confused me because you car is red :ugh: haha Jamie by the way.

I showed up at the dyno place at about 2:00, and then it started raining so I didnt really get a chance to talk with anyone, that really sucked. Next year I hope we can get a chance to chat a little bit more :thumbsup:

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I have some stragglers

sorry for any doubles. I'm trying to find out which ones I havnt already uploaded!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Yep aside the rain, everything was just peachy!

Joseph, I was a pleasure to have you and Sarah over, we had a good time!
Man I'm still feeling tired from the weekend... going to bed late and getting early enough plus trying to get everyone else from one place to another without loosing anyone and getting there not too late either was an unusual challenge for me. It was fun and was all over too fast!

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
Is this Fabrice's MK2 on the right?
no, this right !

The one you pointed to is Frank I believe

So were you all just driving along and three cop cars pulled the whole group at once? You say 7 drivers/cars got tickets, how many were in your group? It's really a shame when police do things like this. Then they wonder why they don't get much respect.
From what I read, they pulled one, but since the group stopped couple hundreds feet away (waiting for him) the cops walked to them... Worst is apparently, 2 of the 7 were OEM exhausts... yeah, there is some experts here too..

·
Registered
96 Posts
From what I read, they pulled one, but since the group stopped couple hundreds feet away (waiting for him) the cops walked to them... Worst is apparently, 2 of the 7 were OEM exhausts... yeah, there is some experts here too..
No they pulled the group (7 cars) and because I managed to get lost after waiting behind a Lincoln MKX truck and missing the right exit. Then I caught them and stopped (stupid enought to park between one of the police cars and the last of my buddies). The Officier had the nerves to tell me if I didn't had stopped by my own he wouldn't have pulled me over. :32: That's what pisses me over.

I'm gonna fight so everytime I get pulled over again if I win I'm gonna show the paper from the court judgment and hopefully leave me alone.
Yeah there was a S2000 and a WRX STI both with stock exhaust so they didn't got any tickets. All of us that got ticket didn't had stock exhaust, but two were JDM that had been inspected with those exhaust, 2 had Tanabe medalion, one had divorce downpipe and loud muffler (white MKIII with ADVAN white wheels and mostly because of him they got pulled over). As for myself I made them agree that the only thing wrong was the brand of the muffler (Dynomax) which is said to make more noise than factory (althought they never heard the sound because I got there afterward and no cops asked me to start the car).

BTW black MKIII with the 16inch's MKIV wheels is my dad's. Made a whopping 222whp and 280lb/ft wtq not bad for a mostly stock 7M-GTE (11psi, K&N filter and 3" exhaust (big thanks to George)).

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
contest the tickets all of you. I contested mine and won. And yes, I have been pulled over since and they dont like it when you shove the court paper in their face. It basically tells them, do you really want to do this?

The "expert" that pulled my car over last year had never even seen an 85 supra before he gave me my ticket. But he KNEW my exhaust was illegal. He was RED in the face on our court day. Now I have the paper so they can go to hell.

Everyone single one of you contest your ticket! You will ALL end up on the same court day, they call in the officer, so the usually make all the tickets he issued be presented on the same day to save the city money. You go up one after the other with the same story and bash the shit out of the officer. Go for it, its going to be sidesplitting!

For everyone's information

According to the SAAQ inspection the exhaust must be properly fixed, have a cat, and have no leaks or rotting pipes. If it meets these requirements it passes. It can be a 5" pipe with a resonating muffler and cat with a huge tip, if it doesn't hit anything, leak or is rusted it will pass.

BUT

The Code de securite routier states that: Any muffler installed on a car must not be modified from the original installation, and must not be louder than the original installation. So just because your car is inspected does NOT mean you can use that in court, it means NOTHING because the SAAQ have no control over the CSR. So it leaves this "law" open to interpretation because no one really knows how a specific model of car is made, nor in which environment a sound level should be heard at to be deemed to "conform". Yeah so you have a straight through muffler and its "loud", there is no proof of what your stock exhaust system was, nor how much noise it made. Try and find this information for fun.

For those running "resonator mufflers" with no chambers, there is nothing in the CSR that says you must have a "chambered muffler" it just states it must conform to norms, and the norm is that is must be similar to the oem system. They never have any counter proof to show that a specific model of Supra has a chambered or straight muffler anyways.

The MINUTE they talk about a "level of sound" you present a sheet in court showing your sound ratings compared to a car similar to yours with a "legal" muffler (find a sound meter and play around with it). The fact that you present any information that has to do with sound ratings makes you win. The police do not have sound decibel meters, nor do they have any information to compare your ratings too. They have no counter proof in court so you automatically win. Its just loopholes like these that make you win in court. So you can say that you got 92db at 10 feet away from the car on asphalt with 10km/h wind. There are many factors of sound. Watch to see how long your trial will last after you present that.

anyways I hope this helps you guys out preparing your cases. Its so worth it to contest because its so EASY to win. They like playing stupid, so play their game. And if any of them were rude or made any comments that were out of order, write to the service de dontology policer of montreal. They don't mess around, the officers get reprimanded if they misbehave, so use this service that the government provides. The officers names are written on your tickets.

Good luck guys!

oh and for us Quebec people, to win cell phone tickets, that's easy too. Grab a cheap electric shaver and put it in your glove box. if you get pulled over an issued a ticket ask the officer if it is illegal to shave in your car, and have the shaver in your hand. Hide your phone of course lol.

that's been working a lot lately I have heard. (no way of saying who is right)

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
this is the only vid I have. run 1 of Nics 1j. Didnt understand why it was blue so I didnt take anymore...

41 - 54 of 54 Posts