Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
WOW. I was in the exact same position that you are in right now less then a month ago. No joke, my top three car choices were MKII supra, MKI MR2 and CRX Si. All three cars sold within a week (they were all good cars) but I saw both first and the supra is definitely the best choice, especially for a fast daily driver. The CRX is a two seater, it's way too small, it's quick but not very fast but it was very expensive. It was in good condition all around (most hondas are) but the price was $2,000 (twice what I paid for my supra, which has back seats). The MR2 was much better in my opinion. It had less of a trunk and gets less gas mileage but it handled great and felt much sportier. I felt less cramped in the MR2 as well, but it was still too small and a little too, "cutesy" for my taste. I love the car, but once I saw the supra, I had to get it. It was only a $1,000 and the single owner who had it before me took very good care of it so mechanically it's running amazing, even with 195K miles on it. It wasn't as quick as the MR2 or the CRX, but once I get into 2nd or 3rd, its much faster.

For you however, the choice is farely obvious. If you want a good daily driver, that's fast, you are definitely looking for the MKII supra. Most people on this board have either added a turbo onto their engine (cost is about $1,000 and resulting hp is easily 210 at the wheels reliably) or they swap in a 7MGTE from a MKIII supra (cost is about $3,000 and resulting hp 240 at the crank, with much tuning potential from that point). Either way, these are very high hp numbers for a car that weighs 2,950 pounds. I know b16 or b18 swaps are farely common for CRXs but even with tons of aftermarket parts, these 4 bangers only put out about 200-220 hp and that's with an expensive engine swap and a lotta tuning.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.