Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Some of you may know me. My name is Michael Newell and I used to own a terra cotta 83 P-Type. I was active with the local Seattle club for a little bit but was/am more into MR2s than Supras. Sold the Supra about two years ago (do not have room for two cars) and have regretted it ever since.

Anyways enough of introductions. On to my question.

Does anybody know if the MK2 Supra seats fit into a 89-91 (maybe later) Toyota truck? My buddy is looking for new seats in his truck and I suggested Supra seats as, I believe, they are the best stock seats out there. Anyone have any experience?

On another note... Anybody know of any good/cheap MK2 Supras in the Seattle area? I want another one.

Thanks for your time!

-mn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
796 Posts
Yes and no. If he doesn't mind drilling new rear holes, it'll fit. If he does, then it won't fit. Also, the bolt holes for the front are vertical, whereas the holes on the supra seat are horizontal (flat to the floor). He'll have to bend the brackets almost 90º, but that's really not a problem. Other than that, I'm sure it'll work just fine!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,445 Posts
Mike,

Cheap MK2. Call Nix99 & bug either Shawn Pease or Don Culbertson. See if Don still has that 2-Tone Deep Maroon/Mahogany 84 P-Type for sale. Otherwise, I can't think of anyone else at the moment who has something locally!!!!

Saw you posting several times last night & it took awhile to remember who you were!!! :p :oops: Still have the 89 SC???? :D
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,741 Posts
Supra seats are also really low so you'll probably need to raise them some for a truck.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
10,626 Posts
you can fit just about any seat into just about any car, its just a matter of modding or making new brackets. Very rarely do two different cars use the same seat bracket patteren, even between cars from the same manufacter and time period.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CJSREDPRA said:
Mike,

Cheap MK2. Call Nix99 & bug either Shawn Pease or Don Culbertson. See if Don still has that 2-Tone Deep Maroon/Mahogany 84 P-Type for sale. Otherwise, I can't think of anyone else at the moment who has something locally!!!!

Saw you posting several times last night & it took awhile to remember who you were!!! :p :oops: Still have the 89 SC???? :D
Thanks for the lead. Yeah, still have a 89 SC but my old one was totalled on I-5 last year. Got creamed by a Ford Excursion that couldn't stop in time. Hairy accident it was.

Here's a pic of my new SC. Picked it up in Indiana last year. Had 39,000 miles on it when bought and was totally babied. I've done a few things to it since I bought it... :twisted:

Here are a few pictures:





 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hear you guys on the seats maybe being a bit too low. I was thinking back when my dad had an 87 or so Toyota truck and he put Celica seats in it. It was not too bad... Seat height was actually pretty good.

Thanks again for the info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,476 Posts
mnewell said:
Thanks for the lead. Yeah, still have a 89 SC but my old one was totalled on I-5 last year. Got creamed by a Ford Excursion that couldn't stop in time. Hairy accident it was.

Here's a pic of my new SC. Picked it up in Indiana last year. Had 39,000 miles on it when bought and was totally babied. I've done a few things to it since I bought it... :twisted:
Very nice SC. My mechanic has two and loves them. He makes a pulley for those to incease the boost.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Muchbzy said:
Very nice SC. My mechanic has two and loves them. He makes a pulley for those to incease the boost.
Thanks! Yeah, I'm running an oversize crank pulley and am now boosting about 14psi (on a good day). What does your mechanic do about the lean condition that affects the 4AGZE with a larger pulley?

Here's a list of my mods:

Nevo Pulley
HKS Intake
Illumina Struts
Eibach Springs
Grunt Box Equipped
TRD Kevlar Clutch
Fidanza Flywheel
SPAL Fan
Various Safety Mods To Keep An Eye On The Engine
Various Cosmetic Mods That Do Nothing To Make It Faster
Other "Stuff" :twisted:
Haven't opened the engine yet so no internal work done to it.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top