Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm on my way home from work yesterday, and I get off the freeway. I'm still on the offramp, waiting for the light to change. I'm about 4 cars back. The light changes green, and the second car (not previously in my field of vision) turns in the same direction I was going to turn. IT'S ANOTHER MKII!!! In fact, the same exact car as mine! :naughty: Color, wheels... everything!

I jumped into the other lane and ran up on it. Turns out, a young lady driving it. We exchanged waves, but that was it. We tooled down the road seperated by a stupid mini van. Then I turned off and she kept going. :eekfacepalm:

My son has said that he's seen the car before. In fact, mistaked her car for mine. I'll have to catch up to her one of these days and convince her to join the forums!

I love living in this area. :zzzzz: I see MK2's all the time, though, usually from a distance.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I saw one in my area on sunday. White and balck L-type. Some girl driving it, and it looked like it had seen better days. Didn't get to talk to her though, cuz i was late to church, lol.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
There are about 4 Supra's in my area that are not part of the group. But from trying to talk to them, they seem like the typical Toyota owner around here and only think of it as a car that is pretty hard to kill.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I saw a black 84+ around 8:30pm in Bluefield, wv on my way back to school. Nice and shiny black with chrome rims. i wondered if it belonged to anyone on here.

Brian

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh my dear sweet lord! I'm in New Zealand right now, and I had to log on to tell you that I saw a MKII Supra yesterday! Jet black, stock rims, decent shape. Only saw it for a couple seconds passing through an intersection, but I damn near snapped my neck trying to watch it! I sure miss my car right now...

It was a right-side-drive car, and I've never seen one in person before....

·
Registered
311 Posts
maybe its just me but i never really see any supras on my side of the water shame.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
There are 4 other Supra owners on your side of the bridge, so you just must be missing each other.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Wife, and I drove the Honda to a friends one evening to drop some things of, and I briefly noticed an MKII pass in the opposite direction, and I told her that was an MKII that just passed, and it looked like yours. It bothered me the entire time we were gone (which wasn't long) because I was almost sure she owned the only one around for many miles, and I wanted to return to the house to see if the car was still there.

Wife called me today on her way to the store, and said you were right...there is another MKII in town which looks to be dark red, and it's an 85.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Wife, and I drove the Honda to a friends one evening to drop some things of, and I briefly noticed an MKII pass in the opposite direction, and I told her that was an MKII that just passed, and it looked like yours. It bothered me the entire time we were gone (which wasn't long) because I was almost sure she owned the only one around for many miles, and I wanted to return to the house to see if the car was still there.

Wife called me today on her way to the store, and said you were right...there is another MKII in town which looks to be dark red, and it's an 85.
Reminds me of a story a friend told me this past Fri. Got pulled over in his old VW Bug by a cop. After checking liscense and tag the driver asked why he was pulled over. The cop said because he had a VW at home identical and thought it was his and had gotten stolen! LOL

·
Registered
139 Posts
Franswa we run in packs out here on the olympic peninsula

maybe its just me but i never really see any supras on my side of the water shame.
Not a day goes bye i dont see a C.S. But being that i live in a retirement community. Most of the MK2s that i see out here are owned by the elderly and they say that they are to old! To try and use a computer let alone join a car forum.:(

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I went to Seattle, WA on saturday the 17th and saw two MKII's, a Viper, and a MKIII. ON I-90. I felt like crap without mine :sadsmilie

1 - 17 of 17 Posts