Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im just curious. (out of several reasons). How many speeding tickets have you accumilated over the years in your celicasupra? Is the authorities zelous in cracking down on people who brake the speed limit in the US o' A? Or is the Police handling speeders with silk gloves?

Let me hear! :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,621 Posts
Do you have a point system in Norway? When we are ticketed for speeding or any other moving violation, we get fined a dollar amount and we are assessed points on our driver license - if you accumulate so many points in a certain period, you lose your license to drive for a corresponding time. If you get 12 points in a one-year period, the authorities can take your license for a year or six months or until you complete a driver safety class or a reinstatement fee or other penalties depending in which jurisdiction you are located. Also, your insurance rates increase with every infraction.
Our system keeps a lot of people gainfully employed and generates alot of income for the courts, the insurance companies, lawyers, and on and on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
here in florida is 12 points in 12 months = 30 day suspension, 24 points in 24 months = 1 year suspension of driving privalages.....I am surfing the fine line of loosing mine for the year...I"ve got 23 points in 2 years :) damn that's close




4SFED said:
Do you have a point system in Norway? When we are ticketed for speeding or any other moving violation, we get fined a dollar amount and we are assessed points on our driver license - if you accumulate so many points in a certain period, you lose your license to drive for a corresponding time. If you get 12 points in a one-year period, the authorities can take your license for a year or six months or until you complete a driver safety class or a reinstatement fee or other penalties depending in which jurisdiction you are located. Also, your insurance rates increase with every infraction.
Our system keeps a lot of people gainfully employed and generates alot of income for the courts, the insurance companies, lawyers, and on and on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,433 Posts
85TurboMKII said:
here in florida is 12 points in 12 months = 30 day suspension, 24 points in 24 months = 1 year suspension of driving privalages.....I am surfing the fine line of loosing mine for the year...I"ve got 23 points in 2 years :) damn that's close


DAMN SLOW DOWN.....lol i haven't accumulated any speeding tickets in my supra, but i'm never under the speed limit in it.....however i do have 12 points on my liscense from mostly bad luck......got screwed in a couple situations....but they are rolling off soon, i think 2 drop off this week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
85TurboMKII said:
here in florida is 12 points in 12 months = 30 day suspension, 24 points in 24 months = 1 year suspension of driving privalages.....I am surfing the fine line of loosing mine for the year...I"ve got 23 points in 2 years :) damn that's close




4SFED said:
Do you have a point system in Norway? When we are ticketed for speeding or any other moving violation, we get fined a dollar amount and we are assessed points on our driver license - if you accumulate so many points in a certain period, you lose your license to drive for a corresponding time. If you get 12 points in a one-year period, the authorities can take your license for a year or six months or until you complete a driver safety class or a reinstatement fee or other penalties depending in which jurisdiction you are located. Also, your insurance rates increase with every infraction.
Our system keeps a lot of people gainfully employed and generates alot of income for the courts, the insurance companies, lawyers, and on and on.
You are an idiot. You'd think after the first or second point, you would start driving like a grandma. Maybe 5 points. 10 points is pushing it and would scare most if not all into not driving...but 15, 20, no...23 fucking points. You should change your name to curley and join the 3 stooges. :roll:
 

·
Heroic Autobot
Joined
·
705 Posts
No speeding tickets in three and a half years I owned my Supra.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,613 Posts
Well, for most fo the time I owned a Supra, I also had a job that put a badge in my wallet... So, any tickets I would have gotten (which would have been 4 definates, and 2 maybes) were just turned into a simple "Slow the hell down in jurisdiction" and turned loose.

Now, however, I don;t have the badge anymoer, so I've gotten quite a bit more conservative with my driving (unless I'm following Malloy when he's got a case of road rage while playing with Beamers..LOL) so I don;t expect to get many at all.

Oh..and Noahfex.. its not like FL is one ticket, one point... Down there I could easily see 23 points being like 2 maybe 3 points.. FL. Highway Patrol are a buncha nazi's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,558 Posts
well, knock on wood, but only one speeding ticket, like 2 years ago...
just got a damn photo radar ticket on grey cup sunday.... whore was parked way up a hill, behind a bridge abutment...

good spot, but i still hate him

im just incredibly lucky he wasnt about a mile back, as i was racing an old firebird, and probably doing about 180kph...
id slowed down to 95ish in a 80 zone by the time i passed the radar.


but hey, photo doesnt count as points :D:D:D
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,621 Posts
Never had a ticket in my Supras or any car for that matter (knock on wood). Not that I've never done it or anything. I've been kinda lucky considering some of the crazy crap I've done. Here in CA its pretty hard to get a ticket in my experience (at least on the highway). All the cops I see are doing a 100+ all the time running to accidents. It seems like you really have to stick out to get a ticket. I've seen the cops blow right by several cars doing 90-100 MPH on the freeway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,111 Posts
SilverMk2 said:
Never had a ticket in my Supras or any car for that matter (knock on wood). Not that I've never done it or anything. I've been kinda lucky considering some of the crazy crap I've done. Here in CA its pretty hard to get a ticket in my experience (at least on the highway). All the cops I see are doing a 100+ all the time running to accidents. It seems like you really have to stick out to get a ticket. I've seen the cops blow right by several cars doing 90-100 MPH on the freeway.
:werd: Just today on my way back home, I was passed up by the CHP (he was going at over 100 MPH), and the flow of traffic was going 90 MPH :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,244 Posts
cops dont tend to hand out lotsa tickets in cali, CHP ON THE OTHER HAND ARE NAZI'S! they think they are high and mighty on their bikes. pffft. unless ur moving with the flow of traffic, they will pull ur ass over and punk you. but yea, cops are cool, i give them nods everytime i see them, CHP on the other hand, pfft, i love to see them almost get into accidents when they are trying to catch up to sumone speeding to pull them over.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
karaki said:
Moorman said:
NoahFex said:
You are an idiot.
....................



Let's not start this again.
You know Moorman...don't waste your breath...some people never learn :roll:
Ok, let me move on to you.

You are an idiot. If you have a problem with me, take it up in a PM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,297 Posts
NoahFex said:
karaki said:
Moorman said:
NoahFex said:
You are an idiot.
....................



Let's not start this again.
You know Moorman...don't waste your breath...some people never learn :roll:
Ok, let me move on to you.

You are an idiot. If you have a problem with me, take it up in a PM.
Making friends again I see, eh Nick? :wtf: Please dont do this name calling stuff in open forum. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,062 Posts
you dont get 1 point per ticket in fla. 1 ticket can net you either 4 or 6 points. dont remember for sure. it doesnt take much to rack up the points. espeacially if its a speeding ticket.
william
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
NoahFex said:
karaki said:
Moorman said:
NoahFex said:
You are an idiot.
....................



Let's not start this again.
You know Moorman...don't waste your breath...some people never learn :roll:
Ok, let me move on to you.

You are an idiot. If you have a problem with me, take it up in a PM.
man, i think damn near everyone has a problem with u...

i read through the post where u bashed mk2's about handling and ur little probetalk thing....go back to probetalk guy, we don't want u here

ur an obnoxious, opinionated prick, so stop spreading you're bullshit here and pissing ppl off

u have no right calling someone else an idiot, and i think it's pretty obvious when NOONE supports you or ur arguements that you should get the fuck off the forums, or smarten up and stop talking like a tool? wow...thats a concept....

fuck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,433 Posts
lol....:imwithst:

so much anger........deep breath everyone, deep breath....lol no reason to fight, just go look at your :mk2: and think, man what a pretty car :drool: ....then come back and have a thoughtful and useful discussion in the forum :comp_pow: ......


:screwy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,613 Posts
Wow...I think its finally happened... CS.Com forums has gotten its first Troll... Aww.. how cute. LOL :jerkit: :humpleg:


:naughty: Nick...seriously... chill out a bit around here and you'll find yourself a member of one of the MOST helpful car communities around.. I've had guys from this list drive hundreds of miles to help me out... overnight me parts when I needed them, and always a good source of info.

Plus, I would suspect, as your dealing with an older average age around here, being a troll is basically just walking around with a big ass sign that says... :banme:
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top