Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking over to some help on knowing the value of my supra, im just curious to know what i would get if it was totaled or stolen. its a mint 84 p-type with just under 75k original miles. clean clean clean. maybe someone has better knowledge about this on the forum. thank you in advanced.

·
Registered
267 Posts
here in Canada it would be under 5000$ stock and very very clean. 1984-85 is too old to be listed in the black book. Each car have to be evaluated. Mine has been evaluated 5 years ago, the value price was 4,600$ ex If you had any modification you divide by 2 the total of the article ex 4 mags =5000$ \2=2500+4600=7100$

·
Founding Member
6,525 Posts
mine is completely stock. what if the car was never evaluated? will they still pay a reasonable amount?
Not right away. It seems based on the experience of Supra owners over the past five or ten years, that the insurance companies make one major assumption about anyone driving such an old car - that you are poor and need and the cash to get another old car, ANY old car, just as quickly as possible. The key is that if your Supra is truely just a weekend hobby car and you have another daily driver and you can hold out for many months, refusing all of their lowball offers, they will eventually capitulate and get an independent appraisal, then finally pay you off something reasonable just to get the unpaid liability off their books. From what I've read and heard from others, it can be an aggravating experience. Your best bet is to buy antique automobile insurance with either a 'stated value' or 'agreed value' policy. That way anything happens to it, its already been decided up front how much you'll get. The downside is that these policies have severe driving restrictions. Have a wreck during rush-hour traffic, a break-in in a mall parking lot and you're toast. But a fender-bender on a sunny Sunday afternoon and sure, cut you a check.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts