Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Heh heh! I actually own a 2000 Durango! They came with 4 different motors, a v-6, which was only put in 13 durangos when they first came out in '98, a 4.7L, 5.2L and 5.9L...
As for the gearing, they come w/either 3.55 or 3.92 ratios, and most of 'em had 31" tires unless they were 2wd.
They are okay for power, but nothing really to brag about. However, drop a larger throttlebody, intake, exhaust system and get the performance pcm for it, and they do quite a bit better!
As for mileage, I usually see 11.5~13mpg out of ours, but we have the full-time 4wd version so we see abbout 2 or 3mpg less than the rest of 'em.
If you race one without the performance pcm(or aftermarket programmed pcm), you'll beat 'em every time since they are governed right around 115-120mph!
Blah blah blah, guess I should stop rambling about that piece of american shit in my garage... Their quality will NEVER be equal to a japanese vehicle, so next vehicle will be either Toyota or maybe I'll go european next time...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.