Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,510 Posts
Seamus, Thank you for taking the time to share with us your incredible trip!!

And to Satoshi, I hope one day you can visit us and we can return your generous hospitality...

Cant believe that green met XX has "HKS Powered" cam covers as well!!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Su-goi

Seamus the pictures are awesome. Thank you very much for posting.

I think everybody including me are jealous that you went to japan.

·
Super Moderator
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

I knew they had mirrors like these, I want a set.
Only their 85s had them so they're pretty hard to find over there even. I did manage to get a set and few other goodies but I kinda feel bad about asking for stuff now that I know what they do to get parts. Satoshi said its been 3 years now since he's seen or heard about an XX being in a wrecking yard in Japan. Anyone who lives in the big cities doesn't have room to keep a parts car. Some people can't even keep their cars at their houses, many park on the street and one guy even has to take a train from his house to get to where he parks his car. For the most part, they get their parts from yahoo auctions (for stuff that can't be bought new of course). So for old cars like ours Japan is not the hot spot for getting parts like we thought, we are way better off actually. I brought as much stuff as I could but it wasn't enough, I'm putting a little care package together still for the guys over there.

·
Super Moderator
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
This picture here, http://www.pbase.com/suprafiend/image/91428647 you can just see the bottom of the globe. Also around the harbour area that you were at was where some of the Tokyo Drift movie was filmed. Taka, my work partner I was with also said that in the movie, there is a shot of two old dudes fishing and a car goes drifting by, these were the two orininal drifters from back in the day.
This building...
http://www.pbase.com/suprafiend/image/91428795

Yeah apparently its been in several movies filmed there, very scifi looking. I think the ginza district is also where they filmed that scene where they drifted through the crowd, I walked through that intersection. The one old dude is in all of the Option vids, they call him the drift king.

Thanks for all the comments guys, glad your enjoying the pics!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow Seamus; thanks so much for sharing. Those pix really makes us feel we were there with you. Kudo's to Satoshi for showing you a good time; just goes to show that the wonders of this 'club' don't stop in North America.
Hit the nail on the head there, Satoshi is really nice i pm'd him re xx celica's for info and he was sooo helpfull. I looked at all the pics last night and i havnt been able to get them out of my head ALL day. Suprafiend you must have had a blast, the write up was great and the pics were fantastic Thanks heaps for posting muchly apreciated

·
Registered
682 Posts
It was great meet and time for us Japanese XX owners too:D
We found there's no border between Celica Supra MkII & Celica XX enthusiasts ;)
Big thanks to Seamus, he brought lab top computer, it must be heavy all the time, and many parts.
I had really wonderful time and great experience meeting friend over sea, I'll never forget.
Seamus is really really nice man, we all fall in love with him lol
(I know many CS.com members are really nice guys and gals!)

I'm amazed that Seamus remembers name of city and facilities, it must be hard to remember Japanese words, and every detail on cars and places.
Thanks for great write up!

Thank you all very much for nice words on me :)
And I'm amazed again that many of you know so much about Japan!

Color code of dark green metalic is 6E4.
It was available in really short time.

Yes, "2.0GT" badge is made by owner of that XX.
He modified "2.8GT" badge to "2.0GT".
And Tanya's right about tranny.

·
Registered
429 Posts
celica xx 85 mirrors

Only their 85s had them so they're pretty hard to find over there even. I did manage to get a set and few other goodies but I kinda feel bad about asking for stuff now that I know what they do to get parts. Satoshi said its been 3 years now since he's seen or heard about an XX being in a wrecking yard in Japan. Anyone who lives in the big cities doesn't have room to keep a parts car. Some people can't even keep their cars at their houses, many park on the street and one guy even has to take a train from his house to get to where he parks his car. For the most part, they get their parts from yahoo auctions (for stuff that can't be bought new of course). So for old cars like ours Japan is not the hot spot for getting parts like we thought, we are way better off actually. I brought as much stuff as I could but it wasn't enough, I'm putting a little care package together still for the guys over there.
Hi,After seeing this thread i suddenly realized i have a drivers side mirror the same,no left hand,but i can try and search locally,but dont like my chances.As for the pics they were great,it is truly an amazing place,Thanks Suprafriend.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Here're little more pictures.

JDM 1982 Celica XX G-Turbo, original owner.
Earlier model without inter cooler.
With after market USDM replica mirrors and USDM replica rear visor.

1983 Celica XX 2000GT.
Thanks to the owner, Jiro, he helped me out on this meeting

1985 Celica XX 2000GT.

Mine :)
1983 Celica XX 2000GT.

1984 Celica XX 2000GT.

1985 Celica XX 2000GT.

1982 Celica XX 2.8GT.
With original fender mirrors and optional seat cover which is super rare in Japan, too.

1984 Celica XX 2000GT.
With after market rear spoiler.

1982 Celica XX 2.8GT.
With after market USDM replica bolt on fender, after market USDM replica rear visor, and after market front spoiler.
This front spoiler is very rare and I never see it before I join this club.
Owner is the founder of Celica XX Club.

1984 USDM Celica Supra P-type:drooling:

1983 USDM Celica Supra P-type;)
After market (Regulus) front, side and rear under spoilers on.

1981 Celica XX 2.8GT.
Original owner and modified a lot :D
See Seamus album for ifo on this car.
He came little late so I couldn't take much picture.

Celica XXs and Supras in line :D

Car event was held near our meeting.

Suzuki Cappuccino, JDM 'micro car' with 660cc engine.
Replicating 8000cc Dodge viper with 660cc micro car lol

We went to Mega-Web.

BMW Isetta.

Mazda Cosmo Sport:drooling:
Personaly, I love this car.

I don't think I need to write any introduction :D
Toyota 2000GT ;)

Seamus is trying to bunkrupt himself lol

Big thanks to Seamus.
He carried lab top all the time, and showed and explained us many pictures!!
:dj_smiley

Jiro is explaining about JDM power window and fender mirror to Seamus.

Seamus and me :)

At Hotel parking.

We had really good time, and big thanks to Seamus!

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
:good:

Lots of Super rare parts on that HKS Supra. I most definitely enjoyed looking at those pictures.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts