Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
:? that just looks like a mustang with supra rims??? :?

so whats the story behind these pics?

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
http://www.spkorb.org/suprang.html should explain more.

Waste of two good cars. I mean if you are going to mate a Supra and a Mustang...at least make it look like a Suprang- the hood, front fenders, and pop up headlights of the Supra, rear body of the Mustang. Engine- take your pick: Toyota's inline six or the biggest Ford V-8 that will fit.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
As I understood it that is his plan-Supra front mustang rear. And if this guy can do this then anything is possible with a supra. You may not like it but he is pushing the envelope :)
-Wil
Still wondering about an all-wheel drive mk2 :twisted:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Agreed that pushing the limits of auto design is good, but.... well, this guy just has to much time on his hands. On top of that, I happen to be a huge classic pony fan, and that car was good to start with (classic pony looks, big V8, its all good)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Actually... from the looks at it, he wants the IRS and front suspension for his Mustang. ONe pic shows the Supra's IRS in the rear of it. Doesn't it mention something about autocrossing?

Personally, seems like nothing more than a waste of 2 classics to me...

·
Founding Member
6,408 Posts
I saw the start to this web page a long time ago and just shook my head in disbelief. I honestly never thought I'd see that go any farther as it just seemed too absurd to be doable. It reminds me of something you might see on the Red-Green Show. Having restored and showed a 66 Mustang Coupe in addition to the Supras, I kinda hafta agree it is a waste of two classic cars. Surely if he wanted an IRS Mustang, there'd be a better way to do it and quite frankly, a better rear end than the mk2.

Phil D.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Suprang...

I met Sean at the 2001 Grassroots Motorsports Challenge. He is a bit eccentric, but a very cool guy. As I recall, he wanted to enhance the handling of that old Stang by adding a more modern suspension, brakes. The Supra was dimensionally similar, and available cheap. He was planning to bring this car to the GRM Challenge, but could not get done in time.

Some of his information may be useful to us MKII guys. He is going to dump some major torque throught that MKII diff, and if it can't hold the power, he is planning on using a T-bird or similar diff in the Supra suspension. His engeneering may come in handy for those thinking of major power upgrades.

Niether car was a great example by collector standards. I applaud his unusual creation.

Keith

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hmm... if he does that, then it certainly will be of some value. I guess maybe this project may have some value...

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Check through the site...both cars were dogs. He had to lay down a ton of bond to make the mustang presentable. Dont be fooled by the gallon of orange paint he slapped on :lol:

-Wil

·
Registered
178 Posts
If I had the know-how, extreme boredom, time, and lack of sanity this guy has I would have done the opposite for the general looks of the car. The backend shell of the supra with the front end of the mustang. It would look like a fastback mustang but would have the supra backend and spoiler, would look kinda funky.
I just hope his does end up looking like both a mustang and supra in the end. Otherwise if it only looks like a mustang with supra wheels and called a suprang then I'd see it as a waste.

on a simular note...
A few years back I saw this mustang/ranchero. It looked like a ranchero from the back but had some mustang traits, the frontend was all mustang and it looked mean. Sounded real nice and was fixed up good. Did a real good job with that one, still puzzles me though how they did that.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
I give props to the guy doing this project, i mean putting two different cars together to make one doesnt look easy.

However wouldnt it take a lot less to restore one of them instead of just butchering up both cars. ohh well thats just my opinion... as it it counts :roll:

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
I can totaly appreciate what hes doing, but he picked the wrong supra for it. He should have gotten a beater mk3 and used the suspension off of that, hell the engine and tranny while he's at it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts