Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This meet is primarily for Supras of all generations and Corolla GTS’s and, but as usual other cool Toyotas will not be shunned if they show up. I have gone out of my way this time to make this meet American friendly, hopefully some of our US friends can make the trek up here. The location is within 10 minutes of the border and requires a whole 2 turns to get to, I will accept US dollars for the BBQ and the Go Cart place takes VISA.

Location: Deas Island in Delta BC ( http://www.gvrd.bc.ca/parks/DeasIsland.htm ). Deas is a GVRD park and it is literally located directly above the George Massey Tunnel on the 99, right in the middle of the Alex Fraser river. We will be parking on Fishers field, right up on the grass (we have it booked). This field is designed for this sort of thing, lowered cars should have no problem getting on to it. There are washrooms, pic nic tables, phones and lots of shade at this park, and nice scenery too.

Time: 1:00pm to 4:00pm at Deas Island. At 4:00pm we all will be taking off to the F440 go cart track in Tsawwassen. Try not to arrive too late or you may miss out on stuff at Deas as we will not be there that long.

Directions: Getting to Deas is very simple, its just off River Road near the 99 highway.

From Northbound on the 99 (or from WA): For Americans coming, there is a total of 2 turns you have to make to get to the meet area once you cross the border. The I5 turns into the 99 as soon as you cross at the Peace Arch. Stay on this road till you come to Exit 28, BC Ferries and Tsawwassen & River Rd North (this will be about 10 minutes after you cross). Turn RIGHT off of this exit, turn onto River Rd, do not go in the direction of the ferries. While on the 99, if you go through a big tunnel you’ve gone too far and need to get turned around and then follow the Southbound directions. Drive for about a minute (2.5kms, 1.5 miles) on River Rd and you will see a little green and yellow Deas sign on your right and a turn off on your left. Just drive in and look for all of the cars, we should be at the field at the very end of the park. I will be directing people where to park.

From Southbound on the 99: Get to the 99 and head south to the George Massey Tunnel. As soon as you exit the tunnel, there will be two exits on your right. The first is a little piddely one going into Ladner, the other is the one that has a sign saying to Tsawwassen and BC Ferries, exit # 28, and River Road North. This is the exit you want but your not going westbound (right) towards the ferries. Instead turn left and go East over the 99, the road will become River Rd after the overpass. Drive for about a minute (2.5kms) on River Rd and you will see a little green and yellow Deas sign on your right and a turn off on your left. Just drive in and look for all of the cars, we should be at the field at the very end of the park. I will be directing people where to park.

Activities:

Show and Shine: 1 to 4pm is a Show and Shine at Deas. If there are enough RSVPs, there MAY be awards for best cars in several catagories…

Mini Cruise: At 4pm we will all be leaving the park and cruising over the 99 to Tsawwassen. We will not have to turn once till we get to the Go Cart track, we just stay on the #17 highway. Do not get onto the 99 when we pull out of the park! Just cross over it and go straight.

Go Carts: We have the F440 track ( http://www.f440.com ) in Tsawwassen more or less booked from 4:30 to 6:00. I have arranged a special deal for us, we will be using their Club carts (their middle of the line cars, their top of the line ones are open wheel and they do not allow wheel to wheel racing with them) at 50 percent off their regular prices. We will be paying 1 cdn dollar per minute. We will mostly be doing 15 minute races, so each will cost you 15 dollars. Their regular price for these cars is $20 for 10 minutes. There is no obligation here! You can race as much as you like or not at all!

BBQ: We will be up on the patio at the F440 track and will have full access to their BBQ. At the very least I will be providing 100 percent all beef hotdogs (they’re good, trust me) and veggie dogs and drinks. The cost for the BBQ should be $5 cdn. I’m charging a little over my cost on that stuff to pay for the rental fees for Deas Island and the insurance policy I had to get to hold the event there, so help me out and come over for the BBQ, even if you can’t afford to Go Cart! If you are coming to the BBQ please email me at [email protected]. Tell me how many of you are coming for the BBQ, and how many of you are vegetarians. This is not my regular email, I will not be checking it after the meet.

This is our big event for the summer. We need to be on our best behavior for this meet, we don’t want to step on anyone’s toes as we would like to be able to do this again sometime. There is a 20kmph speed limit in the park, please respect that. Come if you can, we had a blast last year and it will be even better this time. See you all there!

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
i'm totally there, and as far as i know, so is the supra.

//edit: that's so close to my house i could just drive there with the car uninsured.

i mean, i won't, but i could.

·
Registered
830 Posts
i'll be there :) i got my newly polished rikens on my car and hopefully i'll have my new kumho tires by then too. cya there.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
i would love to make it, absolutely love to, but its too short notice for me, ill never get the time off work :(

do you have any plans for doing this again next year, around the same time?
ill probably be there then.

·
Super Moderator
10,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd like to do this once every year. I actually did one very similar to it last year but I didn't push it on the supra boards that much. I actually wouldn't mind heading your way for a meet sometime too, I drive to Saskatchewan at least once every 2 years, my next trip is due soon.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
are you doing the main invite on another board, ie dori kaze? if so, are you listing the people who are coming so you have an accurate idea of attendance and all that.

how many do you estimate? i was surprised at that one earlier this month that so many cars were there. it was sweet.

·
Super Moderator
10,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that was about an average turn out for my meets, for number of cars anyways. That was the most mk2s we've had at once so far. There is no main invite page, I have pages up on Supraforums (West Coast and Canadian Section), DK, here and the PacNW yahoo list.

I'm expecting people to RSVP me at the email given if they plan on going to the BBQ. People seem to be taking their time on that one which makes it hard to gauge how much food to buy.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
well, any time you come out east, lemme know (pm/email)
at the very least ill try to set up a supraworthy welcome, lol

that applies for pretty much anyone from this board :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm SliP's partner in crime, aka owner#2 of the superahs.

I'll be coming out....do I bother bringing my 240 or just come in the superah and leave the nissan at home? :wink:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
wizzfish said:

I'll be coming out....do I bother bringing my 240 or just come in the superah and leave the nissan at home? :wink:
WTF is a Superah? Is that like a Toyota with a cheerleader in it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
SupraRacer007 said:
wizzfish said:

WTF is a Superah? Is that like a Toyota with a cheerleader in it?
yes.

·
Super Moderator
10,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
whichever suits you is fine. 240sx or Z? Either way it should fit in well in this crowd, unless of course you have your own supra too, in which case bring that :D

Hey Guys, I was thinking. A wack of mk2s, in a nice scenic park.... hmmmm, why don't we try and get some killer group shots for the cover of the 04 CS Calender. I was thinking, take the nicest mk2s of the bunch, maybe 5 or 6 of them and put them in some neat arangments and take pics from many different angles. I'll have a fancy manual 35mm camera there as well as the digital.

Chris E, haven't heard you pipe up yet, you going to be there? Any word whether Don C might make it?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Seamus,

I will be there.

It has been smoking busy at work lately so I have been lying low.

Talk to you soon

Dale

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Whoops....

Seamus, yes, I will be there!!!! Got the day off, so I should be well rested for the trip up.

BIG WHOOPS!!!!!!!!!!!! Just had dinner w/ Senor Culbertson & Senor Balducci on Saturday night & I forgot to ask him. I have to go visit Nix99 this coming week, so I'll check then. And yes, Jay & Beth enjoyed their trip to Vancouver this past week, they can't wait to come back again.. Hopefully next time, they will be able to make it up to Whistler/Blackcomb.... :D

·
Registered
479 Posts
CJSREDPRA said:
Whoops....

BIG WHOOPS!!!!!!!!!!!! Just had dinner w/ Senor Culbertson & Senor Balducci on Saturday night & I forgot to ask him. I have to go visit Nix99 this coming week, so I'll check then. And yes, Jay & Beth enjoyed their trip to Vancouver this past week, they can't wait to come back again.. Hopefully next time, they will be able to make it up to Whistler/Blackcomb.... :D
Beth and I love Vancouver, BC and all of the Pacific NW. Thanks to Seamus and his wife for joining us for dinner on 7/28 and for providing tourist ideas. Good to see Chris and Don on the way back on 8/2 .. dinner again.. must be a food thing. Wish I could join this Supralooza - looks like lot of fun. Next time - I hope to see everyone's cars and talk shop... I saw many Mk2's and Mk3's in BC and WA..good car buyers up there. Have a super time and see you all in Vegas.. Jay

·
Registered
3 Posts
SupraFiend said:
whichever suits you is fine. 240sx or Z? Either way it should fit in well in this crowd, unless of course you have your own supra too, in which case bring that :D
Well I co-own two of SliP's three supras, but we've only got one running one ;)

And it's a 240sx, not a Z.....if i could find a mint old school 240Z though i'd go for it ;)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
turbosupra0101 said:
Well I guss Im not going since I dont live anywhere close to CANADA!!!!!!!!

What the fuack man did no one see my post?????? About the Oct trip to Vages?????
What's the point of your post here? This is about a canada meet... ? What does that have to do with Vegas? :wtf:

·
Super Moderator
10,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
??? This is your first post in this thread man.

Whizzfish, sure, bring your 240, it will fit in with the AE86s just fine. I have a friend with a 240z in pretty decent condition thats may still be for sale actually. He should be at the meet, I'll introduce you.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts