Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
8,863 Posts
This depends a lot on what class you want to run in. If you want to stay in the stock class, you are pretty much limited to shocks, brake pads, and a front sway bar. If you move up to street prepared you can do pretty much anything bolt on.

·
Administrator
8,863 Posts
IMHO the absolute best upgrade you can do for MkII handling is to add a better set of wheels and tires. Unfortunately its also the most expensive upgrade you'll do to the suspension (also will bump you outta stock class). You can get much better performance tire selection on larger diameter wheels these days. I guess a compromise would be to run Hoosier or Kuhmos on the stock wheels. These tires are usually 225/50/14s so if you have 4.30 rear gear you'll end up with some extremely short gearing. As far as a road course goes I wouldn't worry about the suspension as much as I would the brakes. I would completly refurb the brakes with good pads and rotors. MkIIs stock brakes just won't hold up to repeated stops. Going 100+ mph with no brakes is kinda scary :shock:.
I currently run Konis/Eibachs/Addco swaybars with 16x8" wheels and the handling is pretty darn good. I don't think you can go wrong with Koni or Tokico shocks. I think if I did springs again I might go with the ST springs (mainly for a lower height).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.