Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm looking to upgrade and replace my 82 MK2's stock suspension and I'm looking for some advice and recommendations. Currently I'm looking at these for new coilovers CEIKA Type 1M Coilovers for Toyota SUPRA mk2 MA60 MA61 (81~86) but I also want to see what the community could suggest. Like a said I'm looking to replace everything at once, control arms, tie rods, bushings, new coil overs, knuckles, all of it. I'm new to the supra scene so any information would be fantastic.
Ideally I like the least amount of fabrication as possible but I understand with these vehicles being as old as they are it might be tough to avoid.

·
Premium Member
6,172 Posts
Those coil overs are $$$$$$$!

I just put in strut inserts from Monroe and kept the stock housing to make it a bolt in. I also replaced the upper strut mounts. Mine were toast.
I rented a VERY sketchy coil spring compressor from the local parts store.
These look OK:
KYB 2 FRONT SHOCKS Fits TOYOTA SUPRA 82 83 84 85 CRESSIDA 83 84 85 86 87 88 1988 | eBay
KYB 4 Performance SHOCKS TOYOTA SUPRA 1982 82 1983 83 1984 84 1985 85 | eBay
Strut mounts:
For Toyota Celica Supra 82-85 L6 2.8L Set of Two Front Strut Mounts KYB SM 5374 | eBay

Check rock auto.com

·
Registered
2,139 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
If you can find them, whatever else you get, make sure that you get whiteline font and rear roll/anti-sway/sway bars. single.best.mod I’ve done to mine.

·
Premium Member
6,172 Posts
Agreed, but they make for a harsh ride and some extra road noise. I couldn't tolerate the road noise in my L, so I made some rubber bushings to replace the hard ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts