Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used a synthetic multi-purpose grease on ball joints, wheel bearings, chassis, etc? What brand and type; Valvoline, Amsoil, Amsoil racing.....? Is the synthetic compatible with regular MP grease? Thinking of using a synthetic grease when I replace the front end ball joints with the PST pieces.

By the time you can make ends meet, they move the ends.
Scott

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
I've used vavoline on my front wheel bearings with no problems, i dont' know if its ok to use it with the regular grease but i do know that i cleaned out the races and bearings and then used all vavoline synthetic grease, its done fine soo far. I've even pulled the bearings to look at them again and they appear to be ok.

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
I use synthetic grease whenever I clean and repack front and rear wheel bearings. Mixing old conventional grease with synthetic grease has much the same effect as mixing conventional engine oil with synthetic oil in that you basically just shorten the life of the synthetic oil/grease and don't get the full benefit from the synthetic. The Amsoil Moly fortified grease (pinkish-purple colored stuff) works great!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts