Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

T3 rear big brake kit to go with fronts (group buy interest)

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  7mgt-66e 
#1 ·
Who would be interested in a group buy for a rear big brake kit from T3 (Techno Toy Tuning)? I talked to them and they agreed to make it if I were to get enough ppl on board, The cost estimate would be around $750-$800 for a rear kit and we would all need to pay up front, They got a car there and could do it no problem, They sell the front and its a great option to complete the set as it fits under 15" wheels, And its cheaper then the CEIKA kit from the UK, if interested let me know and i can look into exact details to set this up for those of us interested, (pic of fronts shown)

Product Automotive tire Rim Font Tire

See less See more
#8 ·
So here's where my head's at, and feel free to make some suggestions. I think both kits that are out there right now could be better, but I do love my JK kit.

JK
It was designed before the superlite caliper existed. Much better caliper for track use and cars are a lot faster than they were 15 years ago.... although, no real complaints about the dynapros.
Rotor hats could be lighter

T3
Inferior rotors vs the JK/Coleman rotors, IMO.

I want it to fit in a 16" rim.
Potentially provisions for brake ducts.

I've started, but it's slow going. Too busy with work right now, likely be a fall/winter 2021 project before we have actual hardware

#10 ·
As Steve has mentioned the 2 of us have been working on making a Raptor Racing Front and Rear big brake kit, with a MK2 Enthusiast and Engineer designing this you know this is going to be a bad@$$ kit. As Steve has mentioned we're both on fire and going nuts and something like this takes a LOT of time. For those in a mad rush to get something I'm afraid you'll have to find them elsewhere, for those that decide to wait I can promise you the wait will be well worth it.

We each have our own criteria we want designed into the kit and for the most part Steve will have full reign on the design of this, personally for me I'd like to see this fit under 16" as Steve has suggested. Most of you should already have 16" or bigger. 16" is rubber is easier to get as are most 16" rims and honestly I wouldn't go through this effort just to have them fit under 15" rims...might be worth it for some...not me.

We have already seen that even with the Jim King BBK we could fit many 15" on the rear, if we can get that huge bonus.

We probably won't be updating this or any post as really there is no need to until we are ready with some pricing and info.

Cheers.

#12 ·
As Steve has mentioned the 2 of us have been working on making a Raptor Racing Front and Rear big brake kit, with a MK2 Enthusiast and Engineer designing this you know this is going to be a bad@$$ kit. As Steve has mentioned we're both on fire and going nuts and something like this takes a LOT of time. For those in a mad rush to get something I'm afraid you'll have to find them elsewhere, for those that decide to wait I can promise you the wait will be well worth it.

We each have our own criteria we want designed into the kit and for the most part Steve will have full reign on the design of this, personally for me I'd like to see this fit under 16" as Steve has suggested. Most of you should already have 16" or bigger. 16" is rubber is easier to get as are most 16" rims and honestly I wouldn't go through this effort just to have them fit under 15" rims...might be worth it for some...not me.

We have already seen that even with the Jim King BBK we could fit many 15" on the rear, if we can get that huge bonus.

We probably won't be updating this or any post as really there is no need to until we are ready with some pricing and info.

Cheers.
I would love to purchase these from you but my issue is i am running 15's as i myself dont like the look of anything bigger on a MK2, if they will fit no prob im in, But question if T3 can make them fit 15s, could you guys maybe offer the same? i got these made thats why...

#11 ·
From tracking a 450+ WHP 2JZ car I'll tell you the JK kit and dynalite calipers is more than capable with the right pad selection. But I understand newer/better caliper technology is available.

Reactions: 1982 Dragon
#13 ·
Hey Billy, if you're looking for these to work with 15's and someone makes then to work with 15's I'd suggest you get off them. I will personally only make/stock 1 config as the market just doesn't justify anything different. While I do appreciate you wanting to support it doesn't look like something we'll be making to your preference anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.