Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys since this winter my tachometer is really funky....in the morning it doesn't work and even after a long drive it doesn't work properly...if i gun it it will rise up, seem to get stuck then jump all the way to where it should be, would it be a problem in the dash or out in the engine bay....

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
To me it sounds like the module is gummed up. But thats a guess. It seems that an erratic signal would result in an on off situation. Yours moves but not well.

-Wil

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Get one of those big ass Tach's that those ricers get and put it on your car :D :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
zankone said:
Get one of those big ass Tach's that those ricers get and put it on your car :D :lol: :wink:
Yeah thanks zank that would work...i actually had someone offer me one.......NO THANKS.......i dislike those things...

·
Registered
174 Posts
I think Ricers are half blind or something... some of that crap is really distasteful.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
some of it....all of it...the worst is those damn lighted winshield washer squirters...lol, and the afterburner mufflers...but the funniest thing is the other day i saw a SiR sticker on a dodge neon...now thats funny

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Sounds like something is wrong with the tach itself. Could be that the needle is sticking or a bad component on the tach module.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Water Gauge in MKII '85

The water gauge in the dash is always at L.(low)right? Is it not functioning properly or do I have a problem? It's been dead for at least 3 weeks now. I was on highway 99, the other night and the needle rose to middle for a least 3 minutes then slowly went back down to low and stayed there. I don't know what's the problem but any answers will help.

Thanx Guys!!!
SICC

·
Registered
154 Posts
Go to the wreaker and swap in another cluster and see it fixes the problem. (better late then never right?)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts