Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find a good set of tail lights, that aren't all scratched up. I almost DIED when the dealer told me a price on a new set...... "So that $350 will cover BOTH tails, right?" I wasn't too happy when he started laughing. I just spent over $1000 for side moldings, rubbers, and a decal, but thats another story so I'm really low on funds. If ANYONE has a really good extra set of tail lights they would be willing to sell me, PLEASE REPLY or E-Mail me. ([email protected]) I also have pics of my baby too, since I can't put them up here. I think MOST people will like it, while some may think it's a little too "ricey" E-mail me if you need random parts too, I swear I have an extra car in the garage attic. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
you might have better chances posting this in the Wanted section :wink: :p

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not picky about style, I just need a set which is in a lot better shape than mine. The scratches really bug me, since I've spent so much time on this car, it seems stupid to me to let such a small problem remain. I kinda like the ones with the 82, since thats the year of the car, but I'm not a picky person.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
i've got an '84 with decent taillights... i'll take some pics tomorrow and you can let me know if you want them...

·
Registered
790 Posts
$350 per taillight?!!!!!! Ahh, god bless Toyota; everytime I think the state of Oregon is scalping it's students on higher ed rates, I look at stock Toyota parts costs and it doesn't seem to bad :wink:

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There deffinately is a lot of truth in that. You would think that people who are taking time out of their precious lives to restore, or even fix up, a 20 year old car which their company made, they would cut the person a little slack. I didn't even get a discount for paying cash for the side moldings. ($700, but they sure look good!) Do they charge so much because they don't have many left, where they always that much, or just because they can?

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
f

I can get a set of 85 82 will be actually more because harder to find so the yard actually charges more they know unfortunatly. I can get you them just email me at [email protected] and I will get them for you and trades are always possible just let me know what you want to spend to see if its worth me traveling 40 something miles to the yard to get these parts. I dont want to make a fortune so let me know

1 - 10 of 10 Posts