Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Mark,
I'm new to the forum, as I just picked up an 84 Celica Supra yesterday that's going to take some serious restoration. The main thing I can't find so far is a set of taillights...any chance you have some? I've read that the taillight style changed part way through 84, so I'll find out today which ones I need and take pictures. Thanks!
Ian

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Hey Mark,
I'm new to the forum, as I just picked up an 84 Celica Supra yesterday that's going to take some serious restoration. The main thing I can't find so far is a set of taillights...any chance you have some? I've read that the taillight style changed part way through 84, so I'll find out today which ones I need and take pictures. Thanks!
Ian
Ian, tail lights are discontinued for our cars. Finding good used replacements is pretty easy, and they can be polished rather easily to look new again.

Good luck and welcome to CS.com!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks! Any ideas on where I can look besides ebay? I'm not seeing any the same style as mine...they've got the yellow marker on the outside, and clear reverse light on the inside.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Admit it mark you just wanted to post a picture of your minty car right? jk i know your helping and all that good stuff, great pic though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow...nice lookin car. Wish I had the money to get mine up to that level! And yes those are the taillights...the entire middle is completely broken out of both of mine though, so they'll need to be replaced.

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Admit it mark you just wanted to post a picture of your minty car right? jk i know your helping and all that good stuff, great pic though.
LOL! I gotta take it where I can get it. Let's put it this way...my car is very photogenic. Far from mint, but someday it will be!
Wow...nice lookin car. Wish I had the money to get mine up to that level! And yes those are the taillights...the entire middle is completely broken out of both of mine though, so they'll need to be replaced.
Yeah, when I got my car last year the left tail light had a portion of its surround broken out and the surround and the yellow portion of the lens was dull. I replaced it with a used one and polished both to the shine you see in the picture. Sambone is the refinish master...he's been doing some great work experimenting with refurbishing body trim for our cars, cause lets face it...you can't buy it new anymore. LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts