Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
I agree with Paulie...where's the popcorn? Oldskool needs to first...learn how to speel engrish (school)...and than buy some stock in Kleenex. Give it a rest dude...simple misunderstandings happen everyday in life...why perpetuate this crap??

·
Super Moderator
10,479 Posts
actually guys oldschool has been nothing but polite and curteous on this forum, he doesn't deserve this kind of treatment. If you want to pass judgement on this thread, you need read the one where the trouble started or you don't know the whole story. It was all pleasantries and normal business till page 3...

http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?60716-82-supra-part-out-w-7mgte-r154/page3

apparently I've some how managed to get on Bob's shit list too now. What horrible thing did I do? At Shawn's last meet he was talking about having a shop build a custom double wishbone front suspension for his car and I suggested to him that if he's going to go through a process like that then he should do it to the rear first as our front suspension setup isn't holding us back any. Yep, that was it, I'm an asshole :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
This is now in THE TOILET, but that doesn't mean we can't finger out what is wrong.

Bob (Talksoup) and Seamus (Suprafiend) are at juggernauts for what?

I offer my services to the two of you if there is anything to be resolved.

·
is awesome
2,736 Posts
Hmm.

Anyone remember the sub-title I used to have... wasn't it something ... like... oh yeah oldskoolcool.

a) Text, the written word, is often less than forgiving. What I mean is that so much non-verbal communication is lost with text that it can easily make something seem really dickish. You miss out the eye contact, the stance, body position, hand gestures, facial expressions, tone of voice all that goes away. What I'm saying is: 1) I know Bob is NOT a jerk, you have arrived at a misunderstanding of his personal character, and for that I am sorry, because he is one funny motherfucker.

b) The entire point of a forum/messageboard is EXCHANGE. I post up a neat new composite fabric, someone else posts up a new/easy way to swap a differential, someone else shares how to get to the top two bolts on the transmission, someone else spreads the word about the Suicide Hose, someone else shares how to get a stuck timing pulley gear off. This entire concept is based upon EXCHANGE of IDEAS, and associated ITEMS directly related to those ideas (eg. Parts).

Don't be pissed @ Bob, who is here to exchange ideas AND PARTS (TYVM Bob, for the Diff, that still gets me around today), when Bob wants to to get a part to him. These cars are between almost 26 to 30 years old (MKII) Parts are hard to find, and secretly we fight tooth and nail to get the good parts. Get over it, you have what lots of people want, OEM working parts.

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Yeah, its too bad, It USED to be a forum about Boobs, and then cars......

·
Super Moderator
10,479 Posts
I offer my services to the two of you if there is anything to be resolved.
Thanks Rich but I don't think there is anything you can do. I've never had a problem with Bob. It was just normal car guy talk at Shawn's. Ask Mike, Aaron, or Dean, they were all present for that conversation (you were probably within ear shot too) and can confirm it wasn't anything out of the ordinary, rude or hostile, just guys talking about the pros and cons of suspension modification\upgrades. Bob seems pretty determined to dislike me now so whatever. I really couldn't care less, I don't have time for that kind of crap nor give a rats ass what he thinks.

·
Registered
906 Posts
2 fuunies in this thread for me.

1. Bob and Mr. Kool --- did you, either one of you, consider negotiations on transporting the trans to the border ? I thought not ... by the way, thanks for not, I sold Bob a trans.

2. Bob and Nightrider get along. Bob likes someone I'll never like, because of the way he worked around " broke the fucking rules " getting a GB going.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Group Buy not found.
Call it what you will. After my last rant there, i have not even looked at the thread. The way he went about it, put a bad taste in my mouth. You had to lock 2 threads, and threaten in the 3rd as I recall, to get him to conform ..... am I wrong ?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts