Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ophir came up to get the 84 tonight,we went for a test drive 8) Hit I-5 north from Everett,had a 93ish TSI do a drive by at 100+ "we were already at around 80",Hit the gas caught right up.Traffic kinda opened up,the guy bangs a gear,so does Ophir,No contest.He tried again about a mile farther up,got a fender on us,until O' hit 4th :roll:
I thought those things were supposed to be fast,guess he kinda was.But,I was disapointed.He was shaking his head as he hit the off ramp :twisted:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Heh heh heh....I LOVE reading stuff like that!

That '84 of Ophir's must haul some serious ass!

:burn:

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
For those of us that are too young to know any better, WTF is an Ophir :confused: :pat: :oops:

*EDIT* See sig :lol:

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
BOY DO I FEEL STUPID :oops: :pat:

I thought it was a car. I remember seeing a car with the name starting with an "O" and looked like a 280Z. thats what I thought it was :oops:

I guess the TSI got :eek:wned:

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
I own a '94 Talon myself. Cranks out an amazing 94 ponies at the front wheels. The faster Talons have 135 horsepower. Modded, I don't know.

Sadly, the Buick Skylark Custom sedan I traded in on this Talon would beat it in a race...

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Downshift said:
I own a '94 Talon myself. Cranks out an amazing 94 ponies at the front wheels. The faster Talons have 135 horsepower. Modded, I don't know.

Sadly, the Buick Skylark Custom sedan I traded in on this Talon would beat it in a race...
talon TSI's have between 195 and 205hp i believe... to all 4 wheels. they get it to the ground pretty good.

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
I think Ophir has 400hp of ass, no? That is a LOT of power and that will spank many many cars on the road. Your average street Talon makes 300hp or so, and is 3200 lbs with AWD. No contest for a 400hp mk2 when racing on the highway. From a dig, the mk2 will probably lose a shorter street race.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Malloy said:
I think Ophir has 400hp of ass, no? That is a LOT of power and that will spank many many cars on the road. Your average street Talon makes 300hp or so, and is 3200 lbs with AWD. No contest for a 400hp mk2 when racing on the highway. From a dig, the mk2 will probably lose a shorter street race.
HP is down right now,boost controller quit working on us last night :mad:
The 1st pull was at about 12psi,2nd run was at 6psi.We realised it after the Talon was gone and were trying another pull.I had been watching every other gauge,making sure everthing was where it should be,noticed the boost gauge was way low.
As for actual RWHP,hopefully we will know very soon.After I fix the BC of course."I think the HKS selenoid died,everything else looks ok".

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
LOL!!!!!!!!

Yep, another day in the life of Ophir Ronen, Shawn Pease and "Toomie". Yep, I've been in the car when some of these FOOLS want to try & race an "old" Celica Supra... Some of them just don't get it, when Ophir "warns" them w/ his BOV...... Until it's too late..

This sounds like another possible excuse for Ophir to upgrade his EBC. :D

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Come up tommorrow.I have her here,and I'm back from Baxter's :twisted:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts