Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought the car with coilovers already installed on the front, and need some information about them. The camber plate says Tien which could just be the camber plate and not the rest of it. Not sure if these are for a Supra, custom, or off something else. If you've got similar ones and know a thing or two about them let me know. Mainly i want to know if they are adjusted by the upper or lower collars. My guess is that if they are genuine Tiens then the bottom one is engineered to simply extend the strut up or down but i could be wrong as I'm new to coilovers, so if i sound like a dummy there's why. (wetness is penetrant to loosen the threads not a leak, yes they are dirty as hell)

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
Might be these...

Wasn't the other off the shelf coilovers made by Megan? Couldn't find a listing for them, unsure if they are still available. I always preferred the Ground Control style conversion, T3 etc.

I'm quite sure Tein never made coilovers for our car, but a PO may have adapted some from another platform. Cusco did however.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Might be these...

Wasn't the other off the shelf coilovers made by Megan? Couldn't find a listing for them, unsure if they are still available. I always preferred the Ground Control style conversion, T3 etc.

I'm quite sure Tein never made coilovers for our car, but a PO may have adapted some from another platform. Cusco did however.
I think your right, didn't occur to me until recently but they drilled extra holes to fit the camber plates

·
Registered
506 Posts
The only true coilover setup I can recall made for the mk2 was the Stance. You can use any other setup made for the Cressida (was it the 1st gen?) and it will work; just the spring rates will be off. Could request the company to switch with another rate possibly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
true, was planning on getting some different springs at some point

·
Registered
112 Posts
Man, I don't know. Judging by the photo, that coilover looks a bit aged. Aside from that, branded coils usually engrave their brand and model on the body of the strut. I bought new bilstein coilovers from 4WheelOnline almost a year ago for my celicasupra. Even though it's not made from Japan like Tein, I would say it still performs better.
Which Bilstein coilovers did you get? I didn't know they made any for our cars? Interested in more info!

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
That's a site for 4x4s stuff, they do not sell stuff for our cars and Bilstien doesn't sell premade coil over kits, especially for our car. But there are these, perhaps thats what RB meant (that or he's just here to spam that site, though he doesn't appear to be spam name dropping the site in his other posts).

The coil overs on the OP's car are not the DIY variety though. You can tell by the seam at the bottom where the collar starts. When you adapt a sleave like the summit one I linked, you have to weld up your own bottom perch mounting and its usually pretty noticeable.

·
Super Moderator
8,395 Posts
It's most likely spam several newbs making gibberish few posts then hawking 4wheelonline

1 - 10 of 10 Posts