Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there are a couple small minor spots on my Supra(terra cotta) that i would like to primer up and touch up with some Terra Cotta. Does anyone know where i can get some touch up paint to do this at? and also my front bumper is cracking slightly and peeling, does anyone know how to fix/repair/touch it up? thanks for all your time.

·
Super Moderator
8,397 Posts
FYI Any fresh mixed TC paint you buy probably won't match very well on aged TC. If you want it to match better you would be better off taking it to a body shop and having them tint the color to match. TC fades really dark compared to what it looks like new.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah.....the bastard that had the car before me....the only owner....didnt take care of the body worth shit. he did not wax it or anything. it is all dull, and when i first got it, i thought some elbow grease would fix that...well it didnt....and when i was waxing it and polishing it....some of the paint was stripping off....sooo yeah....im not too sure what to do...i love the color but i imagine its going to cost soo much to get it repainted.....and i dont know if i can jusr get it buffed out....what do u guys think?

·
Founding Member
6,424 Posts
I did a so-so job on my silver car with the Plastikote Bumper system (3 step rattle-cans, adhesion promoter, primer/filler, finish coat) right before Vegas 99 and most people did not suspect a thing. Its basically a laquer product which sands and buffs pretty well so you don't have to get the final coat perfect, just thick, then finish ultra fine wet-sand and rubbing compound. Just make sure you get the gloss black finish and not the satin. Sand down the crackling/peeling paint with a medium grit like a 150, fill and sand any gouges with putty and then use the system. The primer/filler does a pretty good job of filling fine scratches. Use like 400 grit between primer coats. After the final coat, wet-sand starting with 1000, then go to 2000 grit. Finally, use a rubbing compound and swirl remover. Just make sure you get enough coats on because if you sand through to the primer, then you've got to start over.

Phil D.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts