Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
mk3 dash is interesting in the car. There's a lot of nice custom work I can appreciate on the car, but has a bit too many lines on the body for my taste.

·
POTATO
17,179 Posts
Looks like a half aborted Starion. I am sure the widebody idea could have been better implented but the front and rear doesn't match and the rear just straight up doesn't look right starting halfway down the quarter like that.

At any rate, it's interesting someone makes CF doors for our cars, but it's in Taiwan so I am sure shipping would be murder =(

·
Whistles
1,047 Posts

This is what I like the most. Wondering if they kept the hubs...

·
Super Moderator
8,136 Posts
Not my cup of tea, but the fact that the diff appears to only be held on by the 4 old sway bar mounting holes doesn't really inspire much confidence in me...

·
Founding Member
6,228 Posts
At any rate, it's interesting someone makes CF doors for our cars, but it's in Taiwan so I am sure shipping would be murder =(
I can't read the language and just assumed it was a "wrap".

·
Super Moderator
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope, the article says Akana Carbon Wizard makes the doors. I found their facebook page, and its in English and they appear to ship (From Thailand). Interesting...

Very weird! The date is April 2017 for the article I posted, but the pic of this car with the mk3 front end must be after. I was going to say the biggest shame about this car is that they didn't fix the old accident damage properly on the front end, but I guess they took care of that problem. Thats a really short amount of time for such an extreme transformation, maybe the photoshoot for the article was done last year or something.

Google offered to translate the page for me. It worked pretty well. Lots of interesting details in there. The axel is from a Skyline. I assume they adapted the hubs too since its running Skyline brakes in the rear as well. Yeah I don't know about their diff mounting solution either there, but it does look like a strip of steel is welded on to the stock rear diff mount as well. Custom mounted Tein coil overs back there with new upper shock mounts. Once again, all that custom work, it would have just been simpler to adapt the mk3 IRS and suited this car better, the owner is obviously a mk3 fan. The rear end setup must be strong enough though, they claim 807hp and a 10.04 quater mile.

Anyways, not quite my cup of tea, but its always interesting to see someone's extreme, original vision brought to life on a mk2.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts