Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All

I'm Pete from NE Florida. I recently bought a pristine 1985 Supra from a CelicaSupra.com member, Katodog. He was a great seller and it was a great experience buying from him. The car is in excellent shape. Everything works. It is a great handling car with original paint. It was shipped from Ca to Fl. I just got it yesterday. I started it up and drove my 15 year old son around. We stopped for gas and spent 3 hours talking to folks about the car! My son felt like a rock star. Me? I felt like I hit the lottery. I waited a long 32 years to finally get one of these cars. I was in high school when this came out. I remember sitting at the dealership wishing I could afford a black Supra. Time passed and family commitments clouded my mind until my son started showing me internet photos of the 1985 Supra, re-igniting that flame! I started searching and located this one. It was love at first sight! I've only driven about 20 miles on it, so far. It's going to be in the family for a long time. I searched a number of forums, and this is the best one! Thanks to Katodog for the reference to the forum and thanks to all who post here. I have already learned a lot from many of you. Thank you!

It looks like my photos will not load. I will work on this!

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

You have to upload your photos to a photo sharing service like Photobucket, and the post the "IMG" tag here.

Took me 30+ years to get mine, and it was worth the wait!

- Jim

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Jim. I'm trying to locate how to edit from my iPhone. Sorry for multiple replies.

·
Founding Member
6,405 Posts
Awesome! I too was in high school when the mk2 Supra came out in 1982. Use to ride my 10-speed down to the Toyota dealer to drool over them and pester the sales staff until they'd shoo me away. No way were my parents gonna buy me a Supra and no way was I gonna ever gonna sack enough groceries to buy my own. I did buy my first Supra right out of college tho. Still have it and still love it. Just don't drive it as much anymore because I'm afraid some idiot on the road is gonna smack into it and they're awfully hard to find parts for. Fair weather weekend driving only since 1998.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, gents! Nothing better than checking off bucket list items!

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
glad it found a good home., sounds like a gemm!
But I checked, there is no such user as katodog here, so can't find some background history.

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
Beautiful car! Much nicer than mine. If I were to do it over again, I think I would have passed on this one, but now I have too much blood, sweat and tears into her to sell her.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Your car looks fantastic! The original paint looks so pristine new even after 32 years. I just bought a 1985 silver manual Mk II about 6 months ago. The owner said he put a new engine in it. I assume it was a 5MGE. When I finally got the chance to look under the hood at home and it has a 6MGE!!! That made me love this car even more.

This car bring back so many memories. I love driving it to work each day.

Just don't like the cracked dashboard and wondering how to recondition it. I'm in the process of updating the instrument panel lights to LED. BTW, love this forum too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for your comments! I love hearing your Supra stories. It's a great car and I can't take any credit for it as it was turn key! My only concern is the lack of readily available parts. I can't have a parts car at my house so I'll be at the mercy of all of you for help! Hopefully, I won't need anything for a while!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome to the site, its awesome and you will find a world of knowledge here. Make sure to check parts for sale, group buy and all the others. Enjoy your Supra and remember this don't get frustrated if you run into an issue, just hit this site up and someone will have the answer. Take Care a new Supra Friend.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome to the site, this Best Gaming Mouse review is awesome and you will find a world of knowledge here. Make sure to check parts for sale, group buy and all the others. Enjoy your Supra and remember this don't get frustrated if you run into an issue, just hit this site up and someone will have the answer. Take Care a new Supra Friend.
Nice, I love the 85 Supras. Got any pics?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi Pete from the UK here. Love your story and love your Supra, any photos of the interior ?

I too waited a number of years, same as yourself, didn't ever think I could afford one, then life got in the way, now that I own one I feel my life is complete and just enjoy the Supra.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts