Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I went and picked up the car today. It was everything I expected and more... The alternator was bad, so I brought a couple of batteries with me to drive her home. What a ride, there is almost no give in the suspension, so I felt every bump I hit. Here she is at her temporary 'new' home. I have affectionately starting calling her 'The Beast'

I have a bunch of parts and there inlies my dilema. I have another Supra. It is a crusher save and as so, needs a title 42. Title 42s can be a hassle and a couple hundred bucks to get. This is the parts pile so far.

Here is what I am up against with 'The Beast'

There are also some rust issues. Driver's side rocker.

Passenger's side rear quarter.

There are some good things, the entire interior has been stitch welded.

Plus, ST springs and Tokico Blues all around. Really, really, really stiff!!!

As you can see, there is no interior. Dalen, luckily kept most of the interior. Also my red supra has a complete and decent interior. So, do I just restore this one and keep going with the 7M swap on the red one? Or do I use the parts from red one to bring this one back and part out the red one? I am going to have to dig into this one and see what happens. This one at least has a title and a good tag.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Do you have a quarter? Sounds like a coin flip to me... Does the red one have any rust issues?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The white car is the worse as far as rust is concerned, but it is not that bad. Trust me, if you could see some of the rust on the 1st gens I have seen saved, this rust is nothing. What you can't see in the parts pile are two more bumpers, a couple of hoods, plus untold interior parts. While I haven't been 'working' per say on the red one, I have been really good about gathering parts.Neither car needs anything other than some time and putting together. I really think that I will take the best of the two and make one car. Both cars just need some putting back together. The white car runs really well, but needs the most work. The red car really doesn't need much, but has titling issues. I feel bad sacrificing a good straight car to make another running one. I will sleep on it and see what happens.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Boy, that post should go on the drunk thread as much sense as it makes.:zzzzz: I forgot to mention that I also have an 83 celica parts car that has good quarters and rockers to pull from. Gotta figure out how much hassle the title will be on the red one and then go from there. Oh yeah, that nissan wheel was just to get me home. I do have the rim for that spot, but it needs a better tire. Biggest issue for me with the white one is the electrical issues. The wipers and the windows don't work right now. Gonna have to study up on the schematics and make nice with my multimeter...

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
holy shit man you are brave for trying to restore that car. But if you have the money go for it dude, look for some thousands. :salute:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the first thing fixed with her. The alternator was not bad... the belt was loose. 10 minutes later the gauge is reading almost 15 volts with the motor running and the headlights on. Next up is fixing the windows. They are up now, I just wired the motors straight off the battery and got the windows up. Next is checking the relay and the wiring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts