Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody fell to attached or bonded to your own celica supra. Even tho its a machine on wheels. When you stare at your ride, and think how awesome it is, the driving, the power, the look. Even you put all the time and money in to it(engine, tuning, mods, speakers, new parts). How do you fell about your car!

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
as much as I dont want to admit it, I am. My girlfriend points it out all the time, like when she looks at the new pictures I took with my camera, or the desktop background, or all my screennames/passwords.

These cars are a disease

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
My 81 caused me troubles with girls from the get go. First when I was a teen and didn't let my girlfriend at the time drive it when she was 16. She got pissed and things were never the same. Fast forward to my 21 year old girlfriend that drove it to work one day and tore second gear out of it! Big time fight over that and the last time I loaned it to her. After that when we would fight she would take it out on my car by putting a knee in the door or almost breaking the wiper switch and key. Then came the 25 year old blonde that thought she was too good to ride in my old Supra. After a long talk about it we broke up. Then there was a 19 year old in NC I dated. I had to drive 50 mins just to pick her up because she didn't have a car. My Supra got hit by an idiot driver close to her house. I got so pissed off I went ahead and did something I needed to do and broke up with her. Now my wife complains I take too many pictures of it, spend too much money on it, stay in the shop with it too long. I remind her of what happened to the other women who tried to get between us! She quietens.

·
Registered
311 Posts
No matter how bad my day is when ever i get behind the wheel of mine and turn on the techno my day is a 100 times better because of my supra. Even though it dose piss me off some times with its little break downs like hoses blowing and stuff. I still love it to death.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
My username defines me well. A maniac about mk2's and will probably forever be stuck in the 80's... After over 15 years of celica and celica/supra love, I will probably be getting a tatoo to symbolize my sickness....will be some sort of tricked out dragon from our cars.

Anyway, yes, its a sickness. It's something that stirs your blood and ignites your adrenaline just by looking at it a certain way or at the right angle. Add lots of HP (the way Toyota should have built them) and it's a crack I have realized I will never get off of. It's a piece of the maniacs "wonder years" , teens, twenties, and still going strong into my 30's.

Oh what a feeling!

(yes I need counseling)

·
Registered
434 Posts
My first supra was purchased by my then girlfriend at 17. When I met my current girlfriend I took her to my mechanics while work was being done on my supra and she waited for like 3hrs(one of our first dates) I've owned 4 supra's while with her and she's buying my rear whiteline swaybar for my bday.she's with it.......nuff said.

·
Registered
434 Posts
i would like to add that i spent all day on the pc looking 4 parts and on cs.com this is an addiction and 4 those who dont feel that way really dont love the car.

·
Registered
472 Posts
i have 3 supras and a celica gts and this is within the past 11 months... bought my first one not knowing anything about em. then found this site and my addiction grew. bought the first one on valentines day believe it or not... had no girlfriend so i bought myself one. this one is just as tempermental as the one i have now. lol. jk.

but my girlfriend understands my addiction and Pooods, after reading your post, i understand why you said in that other thread why my gf was definitely a keeper. i see what you have gone through.

i just wish i had more money to fix them up the way they deserve to be fixed and the way i want them to be and had a decent shop to work in....

·
Registered
131 Posts
All Three of My Supras have names 81 Oliver 83 Jerome and 84 Enoch.
and God rest his soul 86 Hepestian

Oliver i was working the Broadway show Oliver when i got him.
Jerome. After St Jerome. The only man in his day that could read and write all the languages required to translate the Bible into Proper Latin for the Pope. when Jerome got caught in with some nunes the Pope put him on trial. He said "I often been guilty but ive done nothing wrong
Enoch. the son of Jared, a great-grandfather of Noah, and father of Methuselah. Grandson of Adam.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
i am pretty much addicted. i look for them everywhere in movies on the road in pictures in toys hell i collect pretty much anything with supra written on it lol, i love my car alot, its in pieces getting re-built and ive sat there for iver an hour staring at it, imagining it when she is done, my girlfriend is addicted too, she bought me my new motor and other parts for it. she cant drive 5 speed but likes to sit in it and imagine hahaha, she rather it then her saturn anyday she said, and all my friends even my dad wont drive it since they are scared to ruin anything cause they think i would kill them ahahaha,

·
Registered
662 Posts
Mine has been undrivable for about 2 weeks now i have been driving an 05 turbo baja fully loaded and im dieing to drive my baby once again. The baja has every amenity you could imagine im dying to drive my supra just back an forth to work again. Theres a bond if your a true owner no matter the degree i hate parking mine any where including home. I hate when i go away on trips and leave her locked up in a parking garge parked near some new porsche. The owner of said porsche even loves my baby i left about an hour late for a long trip talkin about the one he use to own.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Let's just say that my Older brother has never driven her. He's 32. Even though I've got his Celica in my possession. I cringe when anyone but me drives her more than a couple feet. I talk about her all the time to where people think I'm obsessed. I am. I almost got offended when I met my girlfriend and she said the Supra was Cute. It's not cute, it's Bad Ass! My neighbors think I'm crazy for washing her when it's near freezing outside. It's not crazy, that's just dedication. I let her stretch her legs as much as possible. I nearly got into a fight when I was at school in the shop and another student had his foot on her bumper. I see Supras all the time, even when they're not there. Even when they really are there, I don't care as much unless they're 25 years old or older. Like Moonpie33 says, anything newer is just a donor car. lol

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
my wife told me yesterday she's tired of feeling like she's second behind my supra. I can't help it, the Supra doesn't bitch, The Supra appreaciates the money you put into it loong after you spend, The supra looks bad ass, and The Supra excites me in an addictive way each time I get new bad ass parts. I told my wife she is number 1 which she is along with the children, but Supra is right behind them!!!! :mk2_vroom
I can be chillin, blank minded and when My Supra pops into my mind, it races full of energy. I love my Supra, my wife calls it the bitch. I talk about it constantly

·
Registered
401 Posts
The day i bought my supra

I thought I was going over the edge. Here I was driving to go look at some 'supra' and I found myself going to the bank to make sure I had the cash. All the while I'm telling myself ' THIS IS CRAZY, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BUY THIS CAR'

Of course I was going to buy it !

It was my birthday too!

Talk about fate.

I drove it home with no tags, no rear shocks, leaking power steering and water. It had truck tires on her and a hood scoop from hell and I felt like I was in a wonderful monster that drove like a dream.

This was the car I've always wanted and never knew. It was the year I liked the look of best and never knew. A car that would give me so much pleasure and enjoyment. I never knew.

It sucks down my cash and I spend endless hours working on her but I've never regretted that buy for a single moment.

I remind her of what happened to the other women who tried to get between us!
ROFL! all these stories...man was I glad to read them.

My girlfriend used to complain all the time about the other woman in my life. For her birthday I sneaked an old negative of her old Camero. Her pride and joy car that she would talk about all the time and had to sell. I had it made into a 30 x 40 poster and framed it. She cried with joy when I gave it to her. She has never mentioned the 'other' woman since.

Great thread! Thanks for starting it

James

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
my wife told me yesterday she's tired of feeling like she's second behind my supra. I can't help it, the Supra doesn't bitch, The Supra appreaciates the money you put into it loong after you spend, The supra looks bad ass, and The Supra excites me in an addictive way each time I get new bad ass parts. I told my wife she is number 1 which she is along with the children, but Supra is right behind them!!!! :mk2_vroom
I can be chillin, blank minded and when My Supra pops into my mind, it races full of energy. I love my Supra, my wife calls it the bitch. I talk about it constantly
That's how Jessica surprised me. She helps me work on mine, and never gripes. She helped me swap my clutch out here while back. I had to tell her what to do, and she did it. I double checked everything, and she did a great job.

·
Registered
472 Posts
That's how Jessica surprised me. She helps me work on mine, and never gripes. She helped me swap my clutch out here while back. I had to tell her what to do, and she did it. I double checked everything, and she did a great job.
Nice! when i tell my gf that im going to teach her how to work on cars and all that she just says "why do i need to know how to do it when i have you?"

she has a good point but i would like to include her in the work as well so she can learn something and then if she's ever out on her own, she'll know what to do and how to handle it...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts