Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many terrible months of compressor hunting, compressor failing, then compressor re-hunting, Staining my hands any clothing with UV dye, and waiting for Advance auto to get the CORRECT set of O-rings----I have brought an 18 year old Climate Control System back to Life...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......................

And now the only problem is where to park and store the three parts cars I ended up with.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too have a probelm with my MKIII a/c system. The condenser has sprung a leak and I can't find another or a replacement. Any ides/suggestions?

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
I got really lucky with mine, i found that the clutch worked so i decided to change it to r134-a and recharge it, i also changed out the reciever/dryer and taaadaahhh, i have a/c in a car for the first time...lol...its cold too.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
R.A. Wentzel said:
I too have a probelm with my MKIII a/c system. The condenser has sprung a leak and I can't find another or a replacement. Any ides/suggestions?
I don't Really Know about the MKIII Comp. but if its anything like the MKII you can check the O-rings and the fittings you might to replace the metal lines leading to and from the Comp., or it could just be shot, you can try replacing the part where the lines connect........There could be many problems....all of them pretty simple to find...you just got to spend alot of time looking.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trdmkii said:
I got really lucky with mine, i found that the clutch worked so i decided to change it to r134-a and recharge it, i also changed out the reciever/dryer and taaadaahhh, i have a/c in a car for the first time...lol...its cold too.

You charged it with R134 and it worked....DAMN....I never thought of that, I spend all this time and money buying fittings and R12 connectors and then hunting down a cheap case of Freeze-12......I never even thought about just putting R134 in it.....Well good for you, I'm glad it worked.

·
Registered
15,035 Posts
ok, what size o rings are needed for the compressor and for the receiver? i ned to change my receiver and install a working comp i have. thnx in advance.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
R.A. Wentzel said:
if its the condenser, take it out and take it to a radiator/ac shop. depending on how bad it is, they can weld it up for you and it will be as good as new.

i did this in my daily driver and i get freezing cold air and i love it. just to give you an idea of how bad mine was, when you charged it up, it leaked out within an hour.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
One word...Windows...I live in Az and that sould surfice

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
I just went to the trouble re-installing all lines / new Orings / condensor / dryer...
Got it charged with R134a: no luck. as for the tech, my Evap Expansion Valve is stuck..
120$Cdn from dealer....(not that bad, considering it)

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
R.A. Wentzel said:

I got a Condensor that Im getting ready to send to the Yard.... Make a Offer. I got it when I purchased my 7mgte Engine. Happen to be part of the Kit

Robert

·
Registered
315 Posts
perhaps try NAPA autoparts for a rebuilt clutch/compressor

1 - 12 of 12 Posts