Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

241 - 255 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
I hear ya on the MKIV's. I had my sights set on buying a low mileage MKIV but it was just not in my budget. Couldnt justify the prices cars with 100,000+ miles had on them so thats a big reason I picked up my 03 Cobra, 17,000kms and cheaper than those high mileage MKIV's.

Right now I continue to hoard cash towards operation "Not so Mellow Yellow" which hopefully will start in late fall 2012.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
"You gotta know when to hold them, know when to fold them..."

'twas definitely one sweet ride, but I'm sure another BIG fish'll come along. :)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
Damn, that sucks, Bruce. Sorry to hear you had to let her go. She was indeed a beauty, but unfortunately, beauty + power can be $$$ & a %$#@* to maintain!
I'm sure you'll find another in time!
Thanks Rocky , I'll be back in the MKIV game at some point. With V2.0 :)

I hear ya on the MKIV's. I had my sights set on buying a low mileage MKIV but it was just not in my budget. Couldnt justify the prices cars with 100,000+ miles had on them so thats a big reason I picked up my 03 Cobra, 17,000kms and cheaper than those high mileage MKIV's.

Right now I continue to hoard cash towards operation "Not so Mellow Yellow" which hopefully will start in late fall 2012.
A clean, low mile LHD MKIV is worth the high price imo . Maybe not 60+ but at least as much as a new Honda Accord LOL. Good luck with your Stang ,, look forward to seeing your progress :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
oh man im so sorry to hear you had to sell your baby but if it wasnt working out then it wasnt working out and its best for you i suppose. maybe it would be a better bet to get a N/A and just swap a new, or close to new TT into it. good luck on finding another one im sure the perfect one will come arround someday :salute:

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Man that vid was sick.
Exactly what I want black Turbo
Nice car... you have some really nice rides!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
Looking at the pics and vids make me wonder if I made the right decision . Then I think about the 30K I would have spent to make it perfect and it all makes sense again LOL

To put the MKIV into some perspective. I made this vid the day before I spent $2700 on new tires. 3 weeks and only 1500 km's later ,, the rear tires were worn to the threads on the inside, due to the camber and spirited driving with only 480hp . Another $1400 in tires ! So, when you think about how much you want that high hp mkiv , think about the amount of money it takes to keep it on the road . It's no wonder 80% of them are garage queens ,, the cost of rubber alone is enough to buy a nice MKII,,, every year :faint:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Suppose to be getting things prepped for Thanksgiving, but I am going through this and skipped like 4 pages. Can one of you gentlemen tell me what page the Methanol setup is? Yota are you using nylon tubing? Sorry guys, and thanks. Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
I use everything that's supplied with the AEM 30-3000 1Gal kits . Nylon tubing , inline check valve, pump ,led , tank and controller. Honestly ,, if your not 100% sure you know what your doing then you should leave it until you get some hands on help . Your engine depends on this working properly so it has to be setup and tuned just right or it's going to cause problems. Power supply , angle for injector install in the charge pipe, routing and location of hose( don't kink it) and the pump , led mounting, position of pump relative to the tank . All this will makes a world of difference , not to mention tuning on meth will require an experienced tuner if you want to use it's to it's potential. I don't think I did list out how to set it up in this thread ,,, here is a quick rundown

1. position pump below tank
2. install check valve close to injector
3. route tubing and protect it in any areas where friction or damage may occur.
4. Pumps are not water proof ,, rust and dirt will foul these pumps . Use dielectric grease on connections and or enclose the pump if your using your car in all weather conditions.
5. Use a dedicated power source for the controller and pump.
6. Mount led where it's clearly visible at all times
7. mount controller where it won't get wet or subject to abuse. aka glove box with crap in it
8. Take extra car when feeding the vac line to the controller. No kinks or pressure points !
9. AEM has a safety feature that will pull timing in the event of a failure if output linked with AEM ECU .
10. LED will flash error codes and signal when in normal operation
11. Start with the smallest nozzle and test before installing into charge pipe. Keep it low volume for now .. line can be primed by pressing the test button on the controller.
12. Mount nozzle in threaded bung ( or tapped weld) in charge pipe at a slight angle facing back towards the IC. This allows for better atomization before entering the IM.
13. Set start and full spray to 0
14 . Drive to tuner
15 , Smile ,, Your on METH :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Awesome man. Not ganna change my setup, but I have no failsafe on my Devil's Own Meth kit. I need to fix that at least, by getting the the kit/verison that has the fail safe. Not a fan of the nylon tubing, wish it came with a sturdier line. My setup has duel injectors that seem to work fine located before the t/b. Thanks for Sharing.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
No worries ,, they will both get the job done . Good luck and don't forget to have your tuner check things over before he cranks up the boost. Keep an eye on all hose connections. watch for leaks at the injectors and keep an eye on how much meth is being used up. A failsafe or at least a warning light is a must . I've run low a few times and was happy to see that light start blinking before I put my foot in it. Cheers !

241 - 255 of 255 Posts