Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks guys ,, the wingless Supra's are very classy looking imo but i'm not ready to shed mine just yet :)

I really like the suede/ leather seats and headliner . Very nice job on the install ! I was thinking Sparco Milano's were a must have when I finally got a mkiv. After seeing the price tag I think i'll stick with these ..... it's crazy asking 2500 bucks for 2 seats and rails . Ouch !!

interior

Targa top still fits :)

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
I was thoroughly disappointing in the stock MkIV seats...in full leather you slide around in the bucket and find yourself always bracing for G's before the turn. I'd imagine the suede helps in that department A LOT, but they are still rather lacking on the support end. That's one of the things about MkII's...the seats leave little to improve on. I was tempted to put MkII seats in my MkIV when I owned it...I can only imagine the local MkIV guys crying foul if they saw it. LOL

The black centers nailed it Bruce...looks fantastic!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I was thoroughly disappointing in the stock MkIV seats...in full leather you slide around in the bucket and find yourself always bracing for G's before the turn. I'd imagine the suede helps in that department A LOT, but they are still rather lacking on the support end. That's one of the things about MkII's...the seats leave little to improve on. I was tempted to put MkII seats in my MkIV when I owned it...I can only imagine the local MkIV guys crying foul if they saw it. LOL

The black centers nailed it Bruce...looks fantastic!
Thanks Mark ! Your right, the stock leather and poor support make it impossible to stay planted . My first ride in a mkiv happened to be in a 1044 rwhp car. His seats were like bananna peels LOL . The suede keeps you from sliding around but I agree they are nothing compared to the Mkii seat for support. The thought has crossed my mind as well...Do you have a base rail from a mkiv kickin around ? I would love to see what's involved in making them fit without taking the seat apart. Flame or not it's still a Supra seat so I will try it if the rail mounting points match :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Your car is beautiful, and I love the black centres! I also agree that a wingless mkIV is gorgeous... but hell, I'm rocking a '94 GT-Four with riser blocks on the wing. I get what you mean about not being ready to shave it... I kinda like it.

I slide around in mkii seats as well... but I think I'm a little smaller than your average male, being female and all.

I'm glad to see such a tastefully modified mkIV out there.

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
Do you have a base rail from a mkiv kickin around ? I would love to see what's involved in making them fit without taking the seat apart. Flame or not it's still a Supra seat so I will try it if the rail mounting points match :)
Get a set of aftermarket seat rails...mod the MkII seats to fit the rails. Easy peasy...thought about that years ago cause my MkIV had come with Sparco Roadsters in it (that sucked...they were RED, and had no recline). Aftermarket rails can be had reasonably cheap...and it should take a minimum of work to make proper for the MkII seat. New leather...GTG! I might be able to get those sliders off my old Sparcos...its a slim *might*.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yup ,, sounds easy enough . I should take out a seat just to compare I suppose. Lots of guys on SF upgrade the seats so maybe I could score a set of old rails ,,hmmm. Red seats are FAIL lol

Cheers Chadrick ,, keep wanting it bad enough and you will :)

Hi Tara ,, thanks for the comments ! It's funny you mention Celica in this thread . I just recieved my Euro clear corners today,,, from a Celica :laugh: I don't like the only option available for the mkiv so I went digging. I found out that the 00-05 Celica and Supra have the same bolt pattern and size . Nice,,, but don't tell anyone LOL.

to my knowledge this is the only style available for a MKIV. IMO YUK ,, looks like the rising sun or somthing

before

After

Euro lighting is complete :)

""Opinions please""....... should I go with an Amber led or white led to match the marker light in the turn signal ? I'm thinking amber so it will match the small amber lens in the turn signal. I know i'm being anal here but hey ,,, why not right ? :eekfacepalm:

·
Registered
243 Posts
I think it looks great! Toyota's awesome for using parts on numerous cars... makes it a little easier to find what you're looking for.

I'd keep it all matchy-matchy with the amber light. But that's me.

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
SWEET improvements man. Kill me for saying this, but I think I like the silver centers better. BUT the black looks awesome and the freshness is always a huge plus. Ive been digging silver centered, high end multi piece wheels lately.

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
SWEET improvements man. Kill me for saying this, but I think I like the silver centers better. BUT the black looks awesome and the freshness is always a huge plus. Ive been digging silver centered, high end multi piece wheels lately.
Wheel whore!

Bruce...the side markers are actually the same part number between ZZT23# Celicas and MkIV Supras. Go figure huh? Bean counters FTW on that end...FTL on exciting cars in the current lineup.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I think it looks great! Toyota's awesome for using parts on numerous cars... makes it a little easier to find what you're looking for.

I'd keep it all matchy-matchy with the amber light. But that's me.
Thanks Tara,, i'm going to look for some amber leds this mornin :)

No shots fired here MIke ,, I like the Silver too but I was dying to see what the black centers would look like. Silver is a hard color to get right when doing a half assed job, like I did this time around. I used Acrylic Enamal not base/clear so the end result will never be as shiney or as durable as I want it to be. So,, I will be doing them over again anyway,, I really like the Black but I have some time to make up my mind. I'll do it right next winter with a good sandblasting and a proper base clear job. Then Zoop seal the polished lip. Color TBA :)

Wheel whore!

Bruce...the side markers are actually the same part number between ZZT23# Celicas and MkIV Supras. Go figure huh? Bean counters FTW on that end...FTL on exciting cars in the current lineup.
Yes ,, they sure know how to work the assembly line lol.. Yeah it's time for Toyota to step up the wow factor before they become the Walmart of the auto industry. The wife ended up buying a new Highlander sport for a company vehicle. As we looked around at all the dealerships,, (always check out your options ) we noticed that every other car dealership had the flagship sports car out on display. We get to Toyota and they have a Rav4 on the display ramp :( Then we get inside and see all colors of budget basics and gas sipping economy blahhhh. It's sad when we know the potential they have to make a desirable vehicle.We had to order the package she wanted and then wait 8 weeks for delivery. It's still a plain looking ride with ugly wheels imo, dispite the cost. Will we ever see another HOT car from Toyota ,,not Lexus ?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Man......Looking good Bruce....the car I mean.

I guess ill need to win the lotto to keep up!

Cheers..

CU The summer!

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
Car looks awesome Bruce! Great job!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Thanks Mark ! You have more kids to deal with than I do ,, I can't imagine what that costs so I think your doing very well to have a beautiful home in Bowmanville, a beautiful family and 3 vehicles in the driveway LOL .. See you soon bud !!

Well ,, I searched high and low but no luck finding amber leds( nfld :rolleyes:). I picked up a set of regular amber 194's but they looked kinda funny so I went with White LEDs like the turn signals.

I like it ,, the light tone matches the HID's pretty good now .

·
Registered
243 Posts
That's too bad - but it looks great!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Beautiful. Would love one myself but they are horribly over-priced everytime I start to look again. I vote wingless as well :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Very nice car!

I really liked the looks of this one on Ebay:

but it was an automatic and had a 2JZGE turbo conversion not a real 2JZGTE like yours

21 - 40 of 255 Posts