Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

301 - 316 of 316 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #305
It's been a while I've updated this, I put an update on Facebook but I know a lot of you aren't really on there much. We had a Tuning Session here in Toronto this past weekend, got about 2hrs on the dyno but there is still a lot of work to do. The cams are throwing off the idle and now it's developed a few "mild" oil leaks and other issues...which we kind of expected since the motor was built in 2009. Managed to get 350rwhp on a DynoDynamics @ 18PSI...not sure we'll even try to get more. Need to get the idling and slow drive-ability issues fixed. No sheet as the printer wasn't working and the lighting was really dark so my picture of the monitor turned out like crap...had 1 or 2 witness which frequent this forum :naughty:

More details to follow...small vid of one of the runs.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Unfortunately, we haven't heard much since. I think he is too busy with his business to take care of his personal project.
May be one day!

·
Super Moderator
10,544 Posts
I thought I saw something one there relatively recently about it? Changing shops or something. Come on George, give your thread an update! Hope with this down time you had some time to put into this thing.

·
Super Moderator
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #315
Seamus;

this downtime you speak of doesn't exist here. Business is doing VERY well because of "the COVID affect", we're putting 16+hrs a day at the shop and just hired 2 more people. Besides I don't have the car, it's with John Burton(in Atlanta) and I haven't even had 2mins to email him for an update. Nothing has really changed since the last time, it will get done but my priority now is building the business now that I'm doing it full time.

·
Super Moderator
10,544 Posts
Yeah I kinda figured. Lots of people stuck at home with nothing to do but work on their project cars. The local parts shop has been crazy busy. Its been really hard to get stuff right now though. I have a huge Toyota parts order thats sitting at about a month now and hasn't shipped yet.

I'm in the same boat as you, tons of projects I would like to have some extra time for, but my business is busier then ever.

301 - 316 of 316 Posts