Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just got my login straighted out so sorry I've been missing out on all the great stuff. I'm in Greensboro, NC and was wondering is anyone in the area going to either of these meets..I've always wanted to go to the one in Jersey but something has always come up.

·
Registered
151 Posts
hey... I am planning to go to the MD but to my bad luck the car is not back up all together and might just got ot the battle of the imports this june 14 at VMP... there would be a few MK2's that would be meeting up on that event... well I am just here at Virginia beach and we have few MK2... that is including (2) 85 p type, 84 P type, 83 P type and a 88 T

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ITSUKI Drifter said:
hey... I am planning to go to the MD but to my bad luck the car is not back up all together and might just got ot the battle of the imports this june 14 at VMP... there would be a few MK2's that would be meeting up on that event... well I am just here at Virginia beach and we have few MK2... that is including (2) 85 p type, 84 P type, 83 P type and a 88 T
The battle of the imports is at VMP the same weekend? Is there a site or something about that? I could probably make that. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to the one in MD but I haven't really noticed a lot of people signing up to go on the MA Supras site.

·
Registered
151 Posts
yeah the NJ is the same week end of the Battle but it is such a long drive and my car is not even ready for MD at all... I am not even planning for NJ, and to what I hace heard from friends that this TalonAWD is still asking for a run with my supra... and I just want to give him a chance of a lifetime to shut up and pick another car of his choice, like he haven't seen my 6MGTE run low 13's before it blow the head gasket last year at NOPI... well my turbo is still at the shop and I don't know when he is gonna be done with it :( but I have something instore for him... I am thinking of a nice 100 cheater to make up for it.... well I just have to see about it but if you want to go to VMP or MD just give me a PM so that you we can meet up at the beach and convoy to the track with the boys and a little Supra parade on the road :wink:

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What kind of bost levels were you running when you blew it up? I know for sure that I'm going to MD. Since I just heard about VMT and it's a lot shorter distance I could probably do that one too.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was still running the stock headgasket of the 6MGE when I got it... I was running 11 psi and on my second run the car blew the gasket off and to my luck the motor did not lock up... I was worried about locking up the motor....

well I pulled the head out and found five places where the gasket has blown...

·
Registered
151 Posts
... and also it would be nice to see another MK2 in VMP for every time I go ther for the import Battle... I am the only one with a MK2 and the rest is MK3 and MK4

1 - 7 of 7 Posts