Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals, First order of business is what my screen name means....pretty easy, really r=our sxse=sexy 240..well I drive a 240SX, and what's mine is ours and what's hers is hers. haha, not really, she hates my car......"it's scary" she says.

I've been into Nissans for quite about 10 years now, and I have made quite a few friends that are interested in a lot of other makes. One of them is into the MKII and III supras. I signed up on here because he's stuck on dial up and really isn't into all the forums and all that (we are old) but he would like to do some modifications to his cars that we would like to find out what parts work/don't work for benifit of more power/driveability.

A little history on myself to hopefully prevent me from being considered a "NEWB" as far as in the automotive hobby....Like I said, I've been into nissans for about 10 years now. I own/modify the S13 chassis 240SX and have done a few motor rebuilds, suspension swaps, hundreds of minor repairs, full suspension repairs/modifications just to name a few things.

I am currently working on a '93 240SX that I have lowered on S-Tech springs and KYB GR-2 shocks/struts, 5 lug swap, J30 diff swap, and a few other modifications. I am about to start a turbo project on this car that I have completely rebuilt the motor with CP pistons, Eagle H-beam rods, ARP everywhere and a few other typical mods when boosting a motor. I'll be using a Garrett T-3 from a Thunderbird that I have had modified to accept a Turbonetics TDO4 compressor wheel to fit inside the stock housing, Nistune, and the other typical parts that are associated with boosting the KA24DE. I went this route because the SR20DET is like a belly button, in that everyone has one.

So, now that I've got the formalities out of the way, I'm off to find the search function and hope that it is much better than the one on NICOclub. lol

-Ken

·
Registered
673 Posts
I am currently working on a '93 240SX that I have lowered on S-Tech springs and KYB GR-2 shocks/struts, 5 lug swap, J30 diff swap, and a few other modifications. I am about to start a turbo project on this car that I have completely rebuilt the motor with CP pistons, Eagle H-beam rods, ARP everywhere and a few other typical mods when boosting a motor. I'll be using a Garrett T-3 from a Thunderbird that I have had modified to accept a Turbonetics TDO4 compressor wheel to fit inside the stock housing, Nistune, and the other typical parts that are associated with boosting the KA24DE. I went this route because the SR20DET is like a belly button, in that everyone has one.
Gee Golly must be nice to buy aftermarket parts off the shelf and bolt them on:rolleye:

Just playin two of my good friends are into 240s one has some 6 cyl swap dont remember the motor code. you people (Nissan drivers) are into your cars ALMOST as much as the MKII group. Good luck finding all the info your looking for.

Cheers
~Cordell

PS: Welcome to the Forum :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, that's what I've noticed. Not much support for these cars, is there.

oh, and I have very few aftermarket parts on my Nissan...most of my "upgrades" are OEM parts from other nissan models that I find dirt cheap at the local pull a part yard! HAHA!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts