Discussion Starter #1
Beware. I have some good ones :D

This worked, well

1 7/8" frost fence pole exhaust for the Cressida b4 it got sold. was sick

This worked.....for 1 week on the camry

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
is that caulking?? I bet that fence post exhaust will last a pretty long time, actually! ugly, but galavanize steel that thick will take a long time to rot!

I've had some ghetto exhaust repairts on Raptor Racing's former corolla.
I use a nice combo of JB weld, heavy duty tinfoil and safety wire for a period of time.

when a second hole blew out, I used a roll of aluminum sheet and some hose clamps with muffler cement underneath of it.

I got through the whole winter like this. I drove it to virginia and back for an SAE competition and the car worked great, proved it was worth having. 2km from my house, it blew a third massive hole. I decided I had gotten all the life out of the exhaust as I could, and the car was worth putting a new exhaust in. One thing led to another and now it has a full new exhaust including the manifold...all the way to the tailpipe. Money well spent.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I painted my car with laytex exterior house paint! It was a good color, and was durable! Even used a roller to do it. It was a Corolla, a PILE, and ugly as sin. The paint marginally helped the visual.

Two weeks later, I totaled it. Bald tires didn't help me stop on a wet road when someone pulled out in front of me. He stopped, I broad sided him, and almost came to rest in his back seat. It was awful. Good riddence to that car!

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nope, not caulking lol, exhaust cement

and yeah I have experience with ghetto painting cars too.

from this, oldest pic I could find.

with help of 90% of this

to get something like this

tremclad WATER based paint sprayed with a cheap gun.

like this

·
Registered
348 Posts
I used a bread tie to hold my carb. linkage together on an old 78 Celica. It was 2AM and I stalled next to a garbage can.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I used a twistie tie to hold a license plate on a jet ski trailer from St. Louis to San Antonio a couple years back. It held up until a couple months ago, even with water launches. 2-4 times a week during the summer even.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I do not have pics but fixed a thrown rod on a 76 corolla by pulling the pan and yankin out the piston and rod. Lossened the rockers and used a hose clamp around the crank to hold oil pressure. drove it for about a month and sold it saying it has a slight miss on one cylinder. This was back in 90'

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
first bought my supra, was late summer so I never checked if wipers worked...fall day at school starts to pour, Jump in the car to head home and have no wipers, tied my shoelaces to the wiper, one shoelace in one window, one in the other, and my passenger pulled one way, then the other til we made it home...pretty sweet.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Back when I was in high school, me and my buddy cut the crap out of my dash (which was perfect before I got a hold of it) to install aftermarket stereo stuff. New deck, EQ, Amp and subs. Well, I didn't have Monster wire, so speaker wire would have to do. Had lots of that. So, I ran EVERYTHING with speaker wire. Power? yep. Ground? yep. Signal? yep. All of it.

No more than a minute of testing and I managed to let all the factory installed smoke out of those wires! Specifically, the one from the battery to the amp. Yea. Certainly not big enough. Melted it QUICK!!!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I do not have pics but fixed a thrown rod on a 76 corolla by pulling the pan and yankin out the piston and rod. Lossened the rockers and used a hose clamp around the crank to hold oil pressure. drove it for about a month and sold it saying it has a slight miss on one cylinder. This was back in 90'
Thats Cold as shit:zzzzz:

·
Registered
861 Posts

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Shoved down around the spark plug electrode and it stoped the miss. Too cheap to get new plugs again i was a teen and a good sounding system was better than a good running engine.

·
Registered
861 Posts
LOL! Nice. And, I remember those days... wait, today IS one of those days!

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
That was you? You Bastard-J/K. I did look at a lot of cars when I lived in Spokane in the early 90's..Its where I bought my 76 Celi and my 82 Supra.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Im from Bremerton. Never left there till 98. Than Pendleton Ore.

Heres is one for ya.
When I move to pendleton I went to look at a 80 corolla for $100 well he wanted $100 for it.
I looked it over missing plug wires and a few minor parts. Told can I test drive it. He said you get it started you can have it.
10 mins later and speaker wire for plug wires I started it up and took it for a spin around the block. He signed over the title with a red face. Said a guy that look at it for him said it would not run without a few hundred put into it.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
i saw a couple faces like that before the usual :

Said a guy that look at it for him said it would not run without a few hundred put into it.[/QUOTE]

so what stop you to still putting speakers wires to everything?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Wow, I don't even know if I should post this haha, it don't seem on par with much you guys have done, but hey it's my start.

When I upgraded alts to the camry alt that's six rib I didn't have a spare pulley. Couldn't manage to get the other belts recommended for the alt to fit, I bout gave up. Then I remembered I had the Napa 7-rib belt still. Took a pair of box cutters and sliced off one rib. Carefully, sliced between the stitchings so I wouldn't undo the stitching of the sixth rib.

Been on the car since May, not one problem.

·
Registered
663 Posts
And here I thought the OP's exhaust fence pipe was the best so far. You, Sir, have reached new depths of "ghetto fix".

Good thinking on the hose clamp!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yep. beats me over and over.

thats just......wow :ugh: not buying a car off you lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts